Naff Equipment

mayalld

Featured Posts

We all of us have things that we wouldn't be without when boating, and we often see other people with some piece of equipment that is completely unnecessary, and likely to make other (more sensible) boater snigger into their beer.

So what have you seen other boaters using that you wouldn't give house room to....

We all of us have things that we wouldn't be without when boating, and we often see other people with some piece of equipment that is completely unnecessary, and likely to make other (more sensible) boater snigger into their beer.

So what have you seen other boaters using that you wouldn't give house room to....

Those big balloon fenders that hang round cruisers like the corks round an Aussie's hat. Especially the pink ones.

MP.

Edited to add: and a B*wthr**t*r, of course.

Edited again cause magnetman beat me to it. Welcome back magnetman.

Edited by MoominPapa

bow th****r

:lol:

A red spotty neckerchief

Waistcoat

collar less shirt

I quite a like a collar-less shirt and an open waistcoat ... for the right occasion! And that's NOT on the cut.

I did have a leather wide-brimmed hat that I wore until I realised that I looked an arse. (My free-at-a-Harlequins-game Harlequins Baseball Cap suits me far better and, generally, wants to stay on my head and not fly off!)

R*sie and J*m

Can't remember where (may have been Brewood) but someone had a R&J in their window in a hammock ... with R straddling J, and J's hands stitched to her chest! Would love to have gotten a photo but was far too shy to ask the owners! :lol:

So when we see someone wearing a captain's hat, spotted red neckerchief, collarless shirt, and waistcoat with R&J in the wiindow whilst whining his bow across the cut should we snigger?

Or should we shake our heads sadly...

Or maybe just tut - just loud enough for them to hear...

T :lol:

Actually, I have a feeling this is all heading towards things like walkie talkies and windlass holsters.

I have to admit to finally giving in and buying a couple of the latter at the Braunston event.

OH seems to like hers, although the jury remains out for me.

But if they prevent just one alloy windlass ending up on the bottom, it will be worth it, and I really don't care about being labelled a prat.

So when we see someone wearing a captain's hat, spotted red neckerchief, collarless shirt, and waistcoat with R&J in the wiindow whilst whining his bow across the cut should we snigger?

Sadly apart from the captains hat I see people like that every day on the cut

Actually, I have a feeling this is all heading towards things like walkie talkies and windlass holsters.

I have to admit to finally giving in and buying a couple of the latter at the Braunston event.

OH seems to like hers, although the jury remains out for me.

But if they prevent just one alloy windlass ending up on the bottom, it will be worth it, and I really don't care about being labelled a prat.

I am going to say;

Windlass holster

But for me radios are OK. Somebody else may nominate them though.

Those big balloon fenders that hang round cruisers like the corks round an Aussie's hat. Especially the pink ones.

They do serve a purpose. Preferable to smashing into the bank with bare GRP.

Personally I'd not wear this whilst boating.......

team_phyllis_1_tshirt-p2355161935101329393s9q_210.jpg

Dont mind that.

Spelling it right would be better though

................................................................................

Narrowboats are high on the list

A tiller............................. :lol:

Hmm.

I rather suspect that if you keep naming bits of narrowboats, there will be rather a lot of people naming bits of plastic boats.

Gelcoat

What, like this?

dscn6711x.jpg

Personally I'd not wear this whilst boating.......

team_phyllis_1_tshirt-p2355161935101329393s9q_210.jpg

I dont know, i might!