The pricing of boats another £150k hopefull NB Stafford

charles123

Featured Posts

Do you end up with a rust problem in the gap? Asking, as you will know better than I.

The swim is fantastic - no one does curves like that any more.

No it can be easily blacked with a roller as there is about 4" gap there.

There is a 4" gap at the rear most but it appears to diminish as it goes forward, how do you get into that tiny gap, especially where the two plates meet.

It tapers up yes but also to follow the swim so at the front end it is only an inch or so wide so a brush can get in to corner without too much problem

This is the latest version as pictured on Greyhound in Poland 3 days ago. The plate basically stops cavitation (air being drawn around the propeller) to create a better bite in the water, especially when holding back.

Entry for pedant of the week award......

That should be "ventilation" not "cavitation" :lol:

Gibbo

Entry for pedant of the week award......

That should be "ventilation" not "cavitation" :lol:

Gibbo

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cavitation

cav·i·ta·tion (kv-tshn)

n.

1. The sudden formation and collapse of low-pressure bubbles in liquids by means of mechanical forces, such as those resulting from rotation of a marine propeller.

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cavitation

cav·i·ta·tion (kv-tshn)

n.

1. The sudden formation and collapse of low-pressure bubbles in liquids by means of mechanical forces, such as those resulting from rotation of a marine propeller.

That's cavitation: the bubbles contain a vacuum, or probably water vapour at low pressure. The problem these plates seek to solve is bubbles which contain air, pulled down from the surface. That's ventilation.

MP.

That's cavitation: the bubbles contain a vacuum, or probably water vapour at low pressure. The problem these plates seek to solve is bubbles which contain air, pulled down from the surface. That's ventilation.

MP.

Ah, I see what you mean. Air pockets from the surface (ventilaiton) rather than air pockets from within the water (cavitation). Isn't education a wonderful thing!

Either way, they still help the blade bite the water!

MP.

Super pedantic but not a vacuum, and not really vapour (that's a bit debatable unless you are a physicist where gas and vapour are distinctly seperate; one being a single well defined thermodynamic stage the other a mixture of two) but a gas. Nucleated gas created when the local vapour pressure falls significantly below the saturated vapour pressure causing the fluid to rupture, tensile fluid strength being the key.

But it's not that, it's prop ventilation. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the advert and I see that Stafford is under offer. Sorry if someone has posted this info before, this is a very long thread and I have not read every page. So someone must like her enough to have offered a very large sum of money for her. (Wonder how much!)