my ideal liveaboard

Dundustin

Featured Posts

Large hole in water filled with money by the customer?

Just the type of customer that is absent unfortunately at the moment! :lol:

Sorry I just don't think the super narrowboat works from any angle at all, pour that money into a proper boat if you have it to blow.

How much do you think it will eventually sell for on Apollo Duck when the daylight dawns? :lol:

Edited by Gary Peacock

you guys gotta read this...awesome

http://www.fernwooddesigns.co.uk/blogwhitefield2.aspx

Saw this a couple of months back, featured in one of the canal mags. Not my thing personally, but if you want the ultimate in luxury I reckon that's it.

Wouldn't do for me though. Bit pretentious. I prefer the something with a bit of character.

Just my opinion, won't be everyones.

you guys gotta read this...awesome

http://www.fernwooddesigns.co.uk/blogwhitefield2.aspx

I suppose someone has to say it, have the owners actually been narrowboating before?

Oh...it would appear not.

I was going to tell what happened to a similarly daft narrowboat and their first (and last) entrance into Limehouse.

When the article on this boat came out in one of the magazines, I heard an amusing story from a friend.

The boat was exhibited at one of the shows and one of the sales reps asked him what he thought of it.

"I couldn't own it" he said.

Why not?

"'Cos every time I went anywhere I'd feel like a right toss3r..."

At this point he was introduced to one of the owners, who was stood right next to him! Funnily enough they took it in good spirit and admitted that they felt the same way sometimes. Oh, and the hydraulic doors at the front were a pain, apparently.

They were not thinking at all - just being 'flash'. The will get there just reward when and if they come to sell. We are moored in a marina very near to a boat which 'featured' in a magazine .It has been for sale for over a year and is currently offered for 50% of its original cost AND it is not all that outrageous.