Crick Boat Show 09

Kez

Featured Posts

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm not a web creator so can't criticise too much, but I have just looked at the web site for the show and I must say I'm disapointed. Not much info and piccys.

How much are tickets on the day. If you buy in advance (£8.00) by card there is a charge of £1.50. How does this compare to the "on the day" price. You do get a brochure but i have been three times now and didn't want or need one.

Moan over.

Martyn

Hi

I'm not a web creator so can't criticise too much, but I have just looked at the web site for the show and I must say I'm disapointed. Not much info and piccys.

Agreed not exactly informative to any prospective newcomer, maybe they sell out every year and don't feel the need to bother. We went 2 years on the bounce, the second visit was like groundhog day everything much the same and nothing new to get your teeth into, so put us off going again.

I think this year they might find the exhibitors can't be bothered either. :lol:

:lol:

Yep! after last years fiasco, and poor conditions for 3 years, and BW doing nothing to help the exhibitors who lost a days costly trading last May........who can blame us!!!!

:lol:

Yep! after last years fiasco, and poor conditions for 3 years, and BW doing nothing to help the exhibitors who lost a days costly trading last May........who can blame us!!!!

Hi,

It lost a lot of appeal when BW handed it over to 'money grabbers' who forced a lot of the small traders out. I've stopped going. A trip to the Chandlery at UBC is better.

Leo.

Save your money and go out for a good meal and a few beers

Having heard this, especially hearing it's been handed over to the money grabbers puts a different light on things, same sort of thing happened with the Dorset Steam fair last year, the difference were tangible especially with regard to prices and general mood of exhibitors who were being charged a lot more than previous years aparently.

Also noted was the very large VIP tent that seemed to be mostly unused.

Save your money and go out for a good meal and a few beers

I wish I could. I live there so anywhere within walking distance gets packed. I just wanted to see how many people are bothering with it this year.

Although I will miss the cornish pasty van when it stops coming........ :lol:

We've been to a few Cricks - it is my favorite of the boat shows - but I don't think we will go this year. It seems to have lost much of its character - very expensive food served by largely off hand caterers plundering the captive market, less boats and more non-waterway tat purveyors. And as for shutting it early on a fairly flimsy excuse; if I was an exhibitor I would be thinking very carefully about going in view of the contempt that the organisers held them in byu not offering any compensation.

Still, when, like so many other things, it does badly the organisers will be able to blame the recession instead of their own management and accountants.

We were taken out to dinner tonight in Crewe, harldy a place immune from the recession. The Restaurant was busy and clearly doing good trade. Why? Good food, sensible prices and friendly helpful staff. Obviously managed to keep an accountant out of the management.

Having heard this, especially hearing it's been handed over to the money grabbers puts a different light on things, same sort of thing happened with the Dorset Steam fair last year, the difference were tangible especially with regard to prices and general mood of exhibitors who were being charged a lot more than previous years aparently.

Also noted was the very large VIP tent that seemed to be mostly unused.

Ive been to all of them over the last 10 years except last year complete rip off as far as im concerned started off well then just got to damn expensive to walk round a muddy field looking at boats that you can see at many marina`s and equipment you can find at any good chandlry shop.

Better off going to the many boat jumbles around the country for a day out

And as for shutting it early on a fairly flimsy excuse

In fairness, it wasnt an excuse; the tent was in danger of being ripped off the ground and vanishing into the distance.

But most of the exhibitors in the tent were pretty pissed off by then 'cause it was full of holes and leaking like a granny...

yes, the tents were getting fairly risky, but Boat exhibitors in the marina were all safely moored and relatively unaffected. Unfortunately people had to walk via the marquee area to get to the boats there, so all trading and viewings were lost anyway.

At a massive mooring rent for the weekend there, plus all the overheads that have to be born, for this to happen again would be devastating. Shame on the organisers for the lack of compensation all round! Also for lack of encouragement to exhibit this year.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post up the address of a hotel where I place our foreign business colleagues when they are staying in the UK. It is imo one of those best kept secret type places. Food is very nice, beautiful views and nice walks. 25 minutes out from the Crick show.

The Country House Hotel

63 Loddington Road

Great Cransley

Kettering

Northamptonshire

NN14 1PY

Tel: 01536 791600

Fax: 01536 791369

England

http://www.the-country-house-hotel.co.uk/index.htm

We (Alde Heating systems) will be at the show this year with working displays at Aquafax and Marine Mart where the new system can be purchased with some good deals I hope :lol:

For the first time we will also have our own stand at the Crick show :lol: We are just building the display.

So please pop along to the Kingfisher tent, even if your not buying a heating system. Be nice to put a name to face.

Lets hope for sun :lol:

Best Regards

Leigh

How much are tickets on the day. If you buy in advance (£8.00) by card there is a charge of £1.50. How does this compare to the "on the day" price. You do get a brochure but i have been three times now and didn't want or need one.

I can't remember for sure, but I've got a feeling the difference last year was something like £2 on a three day pass. I know it worked out that if you were buying one it was slightly more expensive than in advance, but if buying several then advance was probably worth it.

I'll probably be there, but then as it's where I moor the boat now I think I get in free, so I may as well! We had quite a god gathering of forum members last year, so hopefully there'll be a few around this year.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...