Anyone seen this boat?

tomkeeling

Featured Posts

Oh Dear, Tomkeeling, what a very brave man you are posting such a request on here with the record they have for tearing every decent request apart.

I think maybe you are in the wrong place

"he has a legal duty to come forward and express his reasons for not paying. "

Perhaps he has already resolved the issue legally and the now OP just wants to go round and punch his lights out - total unfounded conjecture I know, but you dont know an

Sorry but some people do know better than you

There is a difference between a poor quality of survey report , and a survey that reports the boat to be in bad shape.

If I had a survey, and the results were the former, I would be inclined to complain. If that latter, then I might well be greatful for having not wasted a lot of money.

If you had a survey that showed the boat to have material defects then you would be fully entitled to walk away and get your deposit back. And rightly so.

"he has a legal duty to come forward and express his reasons for not paying. "

Perhaps he has already resolved the issue legally and the now OP just wants to go round and punch his lights out - total unfounded conjecture I know, but you dont know any better than I do!

What is it WJM have you dodged the bill on a survey recently? The guy comes here with a request for help and gives the facts of the matter and the details necessary, no one complained, several people verified his identity and vouched for his character the, you come in and start moaning on about all the things that wild conjecture says could be happening without any evidence at all to suggest anything other than the facts provided.

What is your problem here?

It is unprofessional to do 'business' in public. A simple 'Anyone seen this boat?' would have been enough.

(to save you all the bother of typing it... "And it is unprofessional to run off without paying your bills"...zzzzz - this is an dispute between two people, it shouldn't be in this arena until it is resolved, if at all)

Reading thru this thread, has our surveyor thought about paying a few quid to his local county court and filing a small claim. Is there an address for his reluctant client....once served, the courts will sort his problem out! In fact, could the county court write to BW requesting the boat owner's details so the summons can be served....

It is unprofessional to do 'business' in public. A simple 'Anyone seen this boat?' would have been enough.

(to save you all the bother of typing it... "And it is unprofessional to run off without paying your bills"...zzzzz - this is an dispute between two people, it shouldn't be in this arena until it is resolved, if at all)

And it is unreasonable to expect that sort of information without giving cause. I'd much rather know that it is a decent individual with a valid reason to know instead of just giving information to anyone. If he had asked 'Anyone seen this boat' the first response would have been 'Why?' and we'd be here anyway.

After reading all the foregoing, I've got this mental picture of this poor bloke holding his head and asking himself why he ever bothered asking in the first place. And who could blame him?

Yes make you wish you had not bothered. Glad i do not rely on some of these folk

And it is unreasonable to expect that sort of information without giving cause. I'd much rather know that it is a decent individual with a valid reason to know instead of just giving information to anyone. If he had asked 'Anyone seen this boat' the first response would have been 'Why?' and we'd be here anyway.

I don't seriously doubt the facts of the case, in fact the OP has my sympathy as I've been in similar situations.

My issue is the principle, the original subject title pretty much blacks the name of the guy but we only have the one side.

Unless the transgressor is a subscriber here, he's got no knowledge that his (boat's) name is being blacked and therefore no way to respond.

One surveyor I know always insists (with new customers) on a letter setting out in black & white what is required of the surveyor. That ought to be a valuable tool when trying to extract payment.

As I said, worse things happen at sea.

Tim

He must have some address if mail is unsigned for , maybe its a case of i might not get paid but everyone will know i think the boat owner is a skunk.

Please note if anyone ever comes on and asks if you have seen my boat i would sooner people mind thier own business.

if i go missing it will be because i want to be missing.

I have only read the first two pages, and so apologies if somebody has already commented on this...

A couple of months ago a member who had only registered on the forums a few days previously started a new topic. They asked for help in tracking down a boat.... I know this has been done before with stolen boats and with the mother who was looking for her son, but because this person didn't provide any additional info they were shot down in flames and basically told that they should not be asking these types of things without providing a reason WHY they wanted to find this boat.

Now, Tom has requested help in tracking down down the boat AND has also provided details so I really don't understand.

It has also been stated that there are other ways of doing business, but if somebody who I did work for hadn't paid me, and I, for example, couldn't go to BW then how would you go about it? You ask on Canalworld Forum whos members are located across the country.

I support Tom's posting and hope he finds the boat/owner soon.

After reading all the foregoing, I've got this mental picture of this poor bloke holding his head and asking himself why he ever bothered asking in the first place. And who could blame him?

I'm not sure I really agree.

Once the "noise" and "humour" answers are taken out of the equation, it seems there are only 2 or 3 people who really believe there is something wrong with the content of Tom's posting.

The vast majority seem supportive, and some have said they'll keep an eye out for the boat.

That's what he wants, and the mods are happy, so I can't see why Tom should be too unhappy, (particularly as he has got some free good publicity too).

I support his position, and hope he locates the boat.

Alan

Edited by alan_fincher

Were all allowed our opinion on the original post, Some may not like the method some may agree with it. No need to get upset with each other. Those who agree will 'Keep em Peeled' those who dont, wont.

IMO I hope the OP locates the boat and gets satisfaction.

If nothing else you could at least look out for the boat and if seen, maybe advise the occupant to contact his surveyor who has some valuable info re the boats watertight integrity.

Would be a shame if they suddenly disapeared beneath the waves on a deep section of river, or would it?

I have only read the first two pages, and so apologies if somebody has already commented on this...

A couple of months ago a member who had only registered on the forums a few days previously started a new topic. They asked for help in tracking down a boat.... I know this has been done before with stolen boats and with the mother who was looking for her son, but because this person didn't provide any additional info they were shot down in flames and basically told that they should not be asking these types of things without providing a reason WHY they wanted to find this boat.

Now, Tom has requested help in tracking down down the boat AND has also provided details so I really don't understand.

It has also been stated that there are other ways of doing business, but if somebody who I did work for hadn't paid me, and I, for example, couldn't go to BW then how would you go about it? You ask on Canalworld Forum whos members are located across the country.

I support Tom's posting and hope he finds the boat/owner soon.

Well said Liam, I for one am in total agreement with you.

Roger