Pinchybobs!

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

If spiders weren't bad enough, and daddylonglegs season is well under way, I'm currently being traumatised by earwigs on the boat. :lol:

We've had none at all in the last year (despite Kev warning me that you get earwigs on boats) but in the last couple of weeks I've seen five or six. Mostly in the galley.

I'm not overly enamoured with the blighters to undertstate the obvious - how can I disuade them from being alive (preferably without spraying poison all over our home) and then how can I prevent future earwig immigrants from coming in?

Contrary to popular belief, you don't actually "pop" when placed in a vacuum. You just suffocate. Unless, of course, you meant that his eyeballs would be sucked out by some other agency? Eeeeuuuwwww.

(they abandonned this conceit in "Sunshine", but they did have people freezing to death in space, which wouldn't happen either. At least, not that quickly)

We have lots of the spiders which I can cope with. The daddy long legs don't seem to have worked out how to get through the port holes yet so not had any of them. again we do not seem to ahve had any earwigs yet! Perhaps they have also not worked out how to get in through the port holes!

I found this one on google http://www.pesthelp.co.uk/weshop/Woodlice_...igs_Beetles.asp which is supposed to be organic and natural!

Good luck

If spiders weren't bad enough, and daddylonglegs season is well under way, I'm currently being traumatised by earwigs on the boat. :lol:

We've had none at all in the last year (despite Kev warning me that you get earwigs on boats) but in the last couple of weeks I've seen five or six. Mostly in the galley.

I'm not overly enamoured with the blighters to undertstate the obvious - how can I disuade them from being alive (preferably without spraying poison all over our home) and then how can I prevent future earwig immigrants from coming in?

Get a gekko.

You need my daughters cat Leo - hes a dab hand - or is that paw - at catching flies, spiders, daddy long legs, pigs (woodlice), any sort of insect in fact and eating them - must lack some protein in his diet. Though he likes to bring worms in and leave them on the carpet. Ugh !!

We have had some massive spiders on the the boat - didn't like them at first and now I do tolerate them (but not in the bedroom). There are quite territorial and we've watched some great spider scraps.

Earwigs are another story, I get completely freaked and can't settle if I have seen one on the boat. 'They get in your ears while your sleeping and eat your brains you know'!!!!! :lol:

'They get in your ears while your sleeping and eat your brains you know'!!!!! :lol:

This is a myth.

They only go into your ears to eat the wax. They occasionally cause irreparable damage to the ear drum, leading to permanent deafness but they do not eat your brains.

This is a myth.

They only go into your ears to eat the wax. They occasionally cause irreparable damage to the ear drum, leading to permanent deafness but they do not eat your brains.

They only eat enough wax to make a hole so they can bury their eggs.

Paul

HAH!

Be grateful it's only earwigs

Here I have to upend my shoes/slippers before putting them on in case the local scorpions/poisonous centipedes/etc have taken up residence

Still this was a nice visitor

snake_web.jpg

Mind you the big spiders here tend to scare off the earwigs

Spiderhead3.jpg

:lol:

Bloody hell where you live !!!??

And from wikipedia:

The name earwig is derived from the old English 'earwicga' which means 'ear beetle'. It was once commonly believed that earwigs would burrow into people's ears at night and lay eggs in their brains. In fact the story still circulates as an urban myth. Earwigs are not parasitic and would rather lay their eggs under a stone. The human ear, though about the right size for an earwig, is not an ideal resting place. So if one were to crawl into someone's ear it would not be typical behaviour but the actions of one very confused and lost earwig.

Edited by tillergirl