How hot is it in your boat?

blackrose

Featured Posts

You could cover the boat in tin foil. Not only would this reflect the heat it will also stop the alien lizard people from probing your mind.

Should be nicely basted after a few hours in that! :lol:

I have a cream roof, but red sides and my boat, in the centre is 30.1 degrees C

The hottest internal temperature I have recorded on our boat was 42.7 deg centigrade when it was 37 degree peak during the daytime outside. His lordship slept outside on a hammock and I covered myself with mossie guard and slept on the salon floor with a wet sheet over me as anything and everything bites me to pieces.

I didn't sleep much :lol:

D

You could cover the boat in tin foil............... it will also stop the alien lizard people from probing your mind.

Carl, my daughter and her husband are still refurbing a house they brought from a poor old guy, living on his own, who had lined the living room with baco-foil for this very purpose!

30degrees? You dont even know youve lived!

- The most ive recorded on emilyanne was 68degreees in the engine room. People do sometimes ask why we have the stove in on summer days...

However, open the two side hatchs, slide window, hudini hatch and what have you and the main cabin space is very cool.

- Its even better if you then close the door to the engine room. But anyone in or having to into engine room does tend to frown at you a lot.

Daniel

:lol:

29degrees in my wardrobe. Too hot! At least the sun has gone behind a cloud...I have my heart set on roast pork tonight...

I know the sun has gone today and its really cool, ( why would you be hangin out in the wardrobe on a boiling hot day ?)only just read this thread and wondered why

am I missin something is this what us canal dwellers do on hot days ? as you know we are still pretty new to this game, but still lovin it :lol:

I know the sun has gone today and its really cool, ( why would you be hangin out in the wardrobe on a boiling hot day ?)only just read this thread and wondered why

am I missin something is this what us canal dwellers do on hot days ? as you know we are still pretty new to this game, but still lovin it :lol:

Yes, that is exactly what you do. climb in and chill out.

Or... just keep your thermometer in there.....

oh DOOO keep up :lol: - he has a plastic boat now!!!

I've mised out as well, what's he got and how will I spot him. I only met him for the first time about a week before Canal Cavalcade (how do you do degree signs?)

We've also got black sides, they get amazingly hot.

One of the best ideas I saw recently was a boat that had cruiser-style tubular handrails. They had drilled tiny holes all along, that continually sprayed a mist of water over the roof. I think theirs was connected to a hosepipe as they were on a permanent mooring, but you could use a small pump from the canal instead. I don't know how much difference it made but I reckon it could be quite effective.

Our lifeboats use to use that system incase they were in and oil/gas fire

Or, If using Windows XP.

Start

All Programs

Accessories

System Tools

Character map

You could always make a 'shortcut' on your desktop.

This will give you all the different typefaces and lots of other 'symbols' it also give the code