Teensy Weensy Stove

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

Is there such a thing as a very small multifuel stove that doesn't have to sit at floor level? For example, something that sits on a heatpoof hearth on a kitchen or bathroom surface or even something that's fixed to its flue pipe kinda suspended (and I mean intentionally and safely suspended, not just a stove that's contracted and pulled it's bolts out of the floor!?) :)

Is there such a thing as a very small multifuel stove that doesn't have to sit at floor level? For example, something that sits on a heatpoof hearth on a kitchen or bathroom surface or even something that's fixed to its flue pipe kinda suspended (and I mean intentionally and safely suspended, not just a stove that's contracted and pulled it's bolts out of the floor!?) :)

Hi,

I guess it would mean "how small is very small ?"

I can't imagine anything too small could be considered multi-fuel, because wood burns through fast enough that it you don't have a reasonable grate size, it's not going to work very well.

Some people use these, or similar, in boats.....

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/...t-iron-stoves-2

Alan

I have seen small stoves made of a 6kg gas bottle - a very easy conversion for someone who can weld - that will take a bracket - i am going to put one in my fore-cabin.

a hot tip - make sure there's no gas in it first.

I have seen small stoves made of a 6kg gas bottle - a very easy conversion for someone who can weld - that will take a bracket - i am going to put one in my fore-cabin.

My workshop is heated by a 15Kg gas bottle :)

Here's one someone made earlier e-bay clicky at £25

or there's of course the gorgeous hotpod at a heartstopping £2250. It's made out of a gas bottle and VW parts!

Paul H

What about one of these?

http://www.northernfabricationservices.co.uk/main.htm

Coincidently I have a brand new one you can buy if you want. Bought it but sold the boat before it was installed.

Hahaha! Thanks - but got one of those already and I wouldn't sit it on a surface or suspend it above the ground. I meant something teensier and weensier. Worth a plug though, eh? :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueStringPudding

• 3 weeks later...

There is a bulkhead mounted multifuel burner called the 'Newport' made by Dickinson available from Kuranda marine. Quite a nice little unit, stainless cover etc 3" flue. I'm going to get one for my yot.

• 2 months later...

I've just fitted a 'Davey Hot Pot' miniature solid fuel stove in my yot. It fulfils the criteria of the original post because it is designed to mount either on a surface or a bulkhead and it is very small 9x9x18 inches approx. It is a single piece iron casting (apart from the ashpit door and the top lifts off to get fuel it) and I think its rather a good design. I just lit it about half an hour ago I know its august but it had to be done. Its rather warm in here now...

Now I can survive next winter without relying on the Eversplasher :lol:

http://www.classicmarine.co.uk/specpages/hotpot.htm

hotpot1.jpg

is this the one? looks rather sweet.

Yes its that one, and I like it :lol: it'd want to be good though for the price :lol:

Going back to the 'Bengco' charcoal burner mentioned earlier on in the thread, I got a quote of £650 from the manufacturers and I think iirc that was if it was collected.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds interesting, any plans around for these 'gas bottle conversions'