Holt fleet Inn announces new boat through bar…

frangar

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

And how many are closed?

The other one?

That’s not too unusual. Flooding by the cricket ground and Old Rectifying house areas of the roads round there have at least partially blocked access fairly often.

It used to be more often passable but authorities seem to take zero chance for fear of liability so shut things even if a part of road is passable. I imagine there’s  very little passable currently though TBF.

5 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

It used to be more often passable but authorities seem to take zero chance for fear of liability so shut things even if a part of road is passable. I imagine there’s  very little passable currently though TBF.

The problem is the road gets blocked by people trying to do 50MPH through the water and then no one can get through including the emergency services 

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

The problem is the road gets blocked by people trying to do 50MPH through the water and then no one can get through including the emergency services 

5MPH would be a miracle round these roads unless past midnight TBH. They are just by the bridge with many traffic lights. 

On 05/01/2024 at 15:25, Mike Todd said:

OK,  we are talking about road bridges I assumed - there is Worcester Bridge and . . . ?

There is just the bridge that leads into New Rd, by the Cricket Club, in the town, or the newer bridge on the southern by-pass, downstream, that leads over towards Powick.

My son pointed out that the last time it flooded it was much deeper. New Rd was totally underwater and the Army provided trucks to ferry people across between St Johns and the city. That situation is still used as one of the reasons to reopen/rebuild St Johns station.

On 05/01/2024 at 13:43, ditchcrawler said:

But aren't German cars immune to this problem.

On 09/01/2024 at 15:16, magpie patrick said:

Brings new meaning to the term "floodlights" 

The Forward went for the ball and, at the last minute, the ball dipped...

A defender was then booked for diving...

On 06/01/2024 at 19:51, Graham Davis said:

There is just the bridge that leads into New Rd, by the Cricket Club, in the town, or the newer bridge on the southern by-pass, downstream, that leads over towards Powick.

My son pointed out that the last time it flooded it was much deeper. New Rd was totally underwater and the Army provided trucks to ferry people across between St Johns and the city. That situation is still used as one of the reasons to reopen/rebuild St Johns station.

New Road has been raised by a foot (300mm) since the flood when the army moved in

Powick roundabout still floods and took 3 hours to travel from Malvern.