Where is this? 500 piece jigsaw puzzle.

nealeST

Featured Posts

On 30/12/2023 at 06:41, Stroudwater1 said:

From this years historic rally. 

IMG_2023-12-30-063901.thumb.jpeg.268c13d99a88de6b1af2691246b38a68.jpeg

The boat here is Rill and the two people are Di and Pete Downer.    Originally built as an open boat for the LMS Railway in 1929.   First gauged on January 4th 1929.   

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

On 29/12/2023 at 20:39, Lady M said:

Looking at the Beta Marine marquee, I'm wondering if the picture on the jigsaw is from one of the Braunston boat shows that pre-date the historic gatherings.

Peter moved into the workshop at the marina in 1993, before that he was trading from Bullfinch which can be seen in the jigsaw

• Greenie 1

Curious that the landscape and church spire behind is in view in the second view…the webcam looks natural…the first image would make a lovely jigsaw😬

28 minutes ago, nealeST said:

Curious that the landscape and church spire behind is in view in the second view…the webcam looks natural…the first image would make a lovely jigsaw😬

The spire is there hidden behind trees in the first view. The church is lovely from all directions. Well worth a look around, graveyard too. 

IMG_2023-11-26-101202.thumb.jpeg.2ed17bd8c62af7c30ca3109444b36cf2.jpeg

IMG_2024-01-03-090558.thumb.jpeg.38d5777c79021d9ac26949b4048cc00b.jpeg

On 30/12/2023 at 15:34, magnetman said:

I tried making a puzzle with a jigsaw once but the blades were the wrong shape. 

I think they should be called fretsaw puzzles. 

I have a suspicious feeling that cookie cutter puzzle might be even more accurate. 

Either fretsaw or scroll saw. I've got an old Hobbies treadle fretsaw of my dad's that works pretty well for tiny stuff, in addition to a modern electric scroll saw. The old treadle saws can still be picked up from about £20. Making jigsaws was exactly what I used it for when I was a wee nipper.

On 03/01/2024 at 10:38, BilgePump said:

Either fretsaw or scroll saw. I've got an old Hobbies treadle fretsaw of my dad's that works pretty well for tiny stuff, in addition to a modern electric scroll saw. The old treadle saws can still be picked up from about £20. Making jigsaws was exactly what I used it for when I was a wee nipper.

I still handcut jigsaws using a fretsaw, The problem for those doing them is they just get a bag of pieces with no picture to help them!! I reckon on about 200 pieces for an A3 sized picture

• Greenie 1

I cheated and had one made through PhotoBox as they were half price before Xmas, was delayed and turned up on 28th. J was chuffed though and it was finished on New Year’s Day. Not sure I’d pay full price for one though, and in hindsight I’d use a pic with more sky variation (so much samey blue).

IMG_1641.jpeg

• Happy 2

Nice!! I will look them up. I’m inspired. Not wanted to derail the thread earlier but I picked up one of those Hobbies treadle fretsaws in Camden Lock ( nice canal connection) in the market not the canal itself…30 years ago when I was an art student  and  Camden sold interesting stuff for reasonable prices…sorry but I haven’t been there since the mid 90’s and I can’t imagine it’s anything like those days. I think I payed 15 quid. It’s in my dads shed in Liverpool….but I think I’ll go the photo box route….I do paintings you know…

On 30/12/2023 at 15:31, MtB said:

Reminds me of the old jigsaw puzzle joke about David Beckham. 

David had spent ages trying to piece together a rather simple drawing of a cockerel, when Victoria came in to the room and saw what he was doing.

"Put the cornflakes back in the box, David", she said.

Mind boggles given what cornflakes are supposed to have been invented for!