Stolen boat

haggis

Featured Posts

I have just found this on the Sea Otters Owner s forum and thought I would put the link here as the members of this forum have a good record of finding stolen boats

http://www.seaotterowners.org.uk/forum.php...ge=1post2

Thanks.

Unforunately the link takes you to a place where you need to login so isnt any help. Do you have a direct link to the page concerned?

Try this link

http://stolenboats.org.uk/view.php3?q=1902

The boat has the Sea Otter trademarks of a square cruiser stern and rubber fendering attached to the hull all round the boat.

Sorry about the earlier confusion about how to let you know about this theft.

Haggis

Edited by haggis

will keep eyes open, we're off out on sunday so will keep us eyes peeled

I will keep my eyes open too and have put the link on the blog. Its a shame we have only just heard of it, so I hope it hasn't gone too far!

edit: did it have any distinguising features other than the seaotter ones?

Edited by Bones

I will keep my eyes open too and have put the link on the blog. Its a shame we have only just heard of it, so I hope it hasn't gone too far!

edit: did it have any distinguising features other than the seaotter ones?

Trying to think of other Sea Otter trademarks which might not be so easy to change..

The top rail is round and is attached to the roof at intervals rather than all the way along. The roof vents are about 9 inches in diameter and flatter and are aluminium colour (not like mushroom vents), from the age of the boat, I think the rear doors may be offset to one side rather than in the middle, the front doors and the bits to the side of them have glass panels, making 4 in total as you look at the boat from the front. Anything else I can think of may well have been changed since the boat was stolen. I gather that the boat was in the water when it was stolen but at 30 feet it is (just) trailable but it would have needed a good robust slipway to take it out.

Given that they are made of marine ally what is their scrap value? and of course once you go down that route you would only have to take out the engine and then set it on fire. I say this as someone who lives near a large scrap yard and witnesses the arrival of burnt out cars and vans (and lorries) every half an hour or so. Whilst there are supposed to be checks it is not that hard to overcome them (so I am told). In the eighties and nineties there were several local 'entrepreneurs' who had breakdown trucks and used to 'weigh in' any vehicle that they found without tax or that had been parked in one position for a long time. They were able to 'weigh in' as many as four a day and at (then) between 35/60 pounds per ton it was a very good living.

Given that they are made of marine ally what is their scrap value? and of course once you go down that route you would only have to take out the engine and then set it on fire. I say this as someone who lives near a large scrap yard and witnesses the arrival of burnt out cars and vans (and lorries) every half an hour or so. Whilst there are supposed to be checks it is not that hard to overcome them (so I am told). In the eighties and nineties there were several local 'entrepreneurs' who had breakdown trucks and used to 'weigh in' any vehicle that they found without tax or that had been parked in one position for a long time. They were able to 'weigh in' as many as four a day and at (then) between 35/60 pounds per ton it was a very good living.

When you use the term 'entrepreneurs' surely you mean 'Thieving Pikeys', no better or worse than people who steal boats. BOOO!

When you use the term 'entrepreneurs' surely you mean 'Thieving Pikeys', no better or worse than people who steal boats. BOOO!

Not really - the local authority just up the road is a major tourist centre and largely connived with these activities as did the police as it cleared the streets of abandoned cars. I know it was and is illegal but as the then leader of the council is ennobled and a Home Office Minister(?) that alright then :P In fact one of their number now owns a major recovery firm and made his pile from being the towaway contractor for the local authority.

I know it's been said a hundred times before, but the people who steal others property are the scum of the earth. :P

I wonder if this 8 year old hungry bread thief would agree with that sentiment.

ATT00032.jpg

They are about to run a truck across his elbow to crush it.

Spoke with owner about 8pm , due to info I gave him he found his missing boat

It had been very badly repainted by the miscreants, it has now been moved back to the marina

Police are involved but I know no more than that

One happy owner, job done

Chris

Good News :P

But as the boat was stolen in November why did its theft take so long to filter through ?

Its now the middle of December ?

I receive email reports from "Stolen Boats" They obviously didn't report it there http://www.stolenboats.org.uk/

The quicker the info gets out the more likely the boat will be spotted

there were several local 'entrepreneurs' who had breakdown trucks and used to 'weigh in' any vehicle that they found without tax or that had been parked in one position for a long time. They were able to 'weigh in' as many as four a day and at (then) between 35/60 pounds per ton it was a very good living.

It happened to my neighbour back in the summer, her car was in our carpark for months broken down, just by sheer chance a neighbour saw a guy smashing her windows with a crow bar and was about to put the grab through the window space to put it onto the back of flat bed. my neighbour asked what he thought he was doing, the guy said he had been told to remove 2 cars from our carpark. eventually he went away looking very sheepish. if Bob hadn't of been walking past, both the cars would of been gone and nobody would of had a clue what had happened. :P

It had been very badly repainted by the miscreants, it has now been moved back to the marina

Chris

Yeah! Well done that man

Edited by Dyad

Chris

Well done that boater!!

:help::cheers: :cheers: