Name Dropping

Maverick

Featured Posts

Bit of fun - Do you know of any current or past celebrities that do or have OWNED a river/canal boat?

I'll start the ball rolling with an easy one as featured on a past series of Waterworld for those that missed it.

Dave Gilmore of Pink Floyd owns the Astoria Houseboat on the River Thames that was previously owned by Fred Carno the man who discovered Charlie Chaplin.

Edited by Maverick

Bit of fun - Do you know of any current or past celebrities that do or have owned a river/canal boat?

I'll start the ball rolling with an easy one as featured on a past series of Waterworld for those that missed it.

Dave Gilmore of Pink Floyd owns the Astoria Houseboat on the River Thames that was previously owned by Fred Carno the man who discovered Charlie Chaplin.

Houseboat....says it all...have seen the afore mentioned ...vessel...lighter....skip...

No engine, no means of propulsion, ...its a caravan perched atop a floating platform

prunella scales and her hubby who's name escapes me are the most well known...didnt they moor at little venice?

Julia Sawahla (is that how you spell it) lives on a boat on the K&A.

Suchet is fairly high profile in the nb world.

Actually Julia is now back on terra-firma having split up with her boater partner.

Jonnie Walker is quite a well known narrowboater. Also Timothy Spall once moored next to us at Napton.

:wub:

Anyone of you who lives in the Greater Manchester area will remember the Chief Constable, James Anderton..

I once entertained him and his dog-collared friend who's name escapes me on my boat for a couple of hours when the were guests at the Ashton rally some years ago.

Appalling as his public persona and his political views were to me then as they are now, on a personal level those two blokes were the nicest people anyone could wish to meet.. Quite disturbing really.

I once entertained him and his dog-collared friend who's name escapes me on my boat for a couple of hours

.. Quite disturbing really.

I found this when I met Tom King, I despise his politics with every fibre of my body, but what a lovely man!

(sorry for the edit btw, John)

Anyone of you who lives in the Greater Manchester area will remember the Chief Constable, James Anderton..

Two mates of mine encountered the chap just about the end of his tenure walking in the Lakes. They say they were sorely tempted to hide behind a nearby bush, set fire to it, and intone in booming voices:

"James, it's me again. Legalise the weed, and leave the kids alone!".

Still makes me chuckle even now.

I found this when I met Tom King, I despise his politics with every fibre of my body, but what a lovely man!

(sorry for the edit btw, John)

How about that, I met Tom King, in fact I have a photo of him and me in earnest conversation, he was sacked two days later.. Come to think of it, I have met several Defence Ministers and all suffered the same fate within days.

Richard Branson lived on houseboats for quite a few years, first on Alberta and then on Duende.

I think you will find that one of his secretaries lives on his boat in Little Venice, Think he now has another new boat moored at Enslow now as he lives here (sometimes) in Kidlington, We have known his gardner since he had Virgin recording studios in Shipton Manor, they were good days, when you did not know what famous bands would walk into the Boat Inn at Thrupp, nearest pub to the manor.