Google map of canal and river marinas

David Floyd

Featured Posts

Just got to 820 locations and now working on removing the weird and wonderful places that seem to be in the CRT data, there are a lot of EoG moorings (End of Garden, so I am told) and clearly private or commercial (Boat yards that do not offer mooring etc) that are being removed.

https://floydtilla.co.uk/uk-canal-and-river-marinas/

D

2 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

Thats why I used the CRT data just as reference material rather than load it straight into my historic map, it's very useful but not always correct.

So I am learning, but I had to start somewhere

D

2 minutes ago, David Floyd said:

Hi Ian

Thanks

David

Just be be clear, it was closed for "refurbishment" several years ago and all the boats moved to Park Farm, but there's no sign of it re-opening any time soon...

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, David Floyd said:

I am after adding the rivers and canals directly on the maps?

David

Canalplan makes its places and waterways data available as geojson downloads. Comes to just under 8MB. The Tile File is a bit bigger.

Edited by StephenA

Hi Guys

Great thanks to CanalPlan for publishing the data, we now have the canal and rivers marked on the map.

Have a play see what you think, does not seem to have added much to the download time :-), but I am on a 1Gb link 🙂

D

32 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

OK I won't chop my data down now as you have what you need, it would have had to wait until i got home from holiday anyway.

Thanks, someone mentioned the CanalPlanAC data, it needed a lot of manipulation and I could not get the waterway names to show on mouseover, but I suspect that is my problem.

Thanks again, enjoy the Holiday

D