AquaTrader

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Naartjie said:

Some advice please.

We are Newbies on the hunt for a Live-aboard NB.

As funds are limited & and if we mess up we are literally sunk.

That said has anyone dealt with AquaTrader before.

https://aqua-trader.co.uk/

Well, Companies House says they were founded in April 2023. The 3 directors are all under 25. So you are not buying into any sort of pedigree. I’d be careful. I would say that if you want to buy a live aboard NB, avoid doing so in London.

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

On the other hand they appear to be nothing more than used boat salesmen, so pedigree or not, they have little influence on build quality of what they are selling.

More likely they get their stock by re-advertising boats already on the market, and/or by over-valuing in the same way as estate agent do in order to get the instruction. 

Remember the estate agent mantra taught to all 18 year old trainee spivs in their cheap suits... "First get the instruction, then get the reduction"

the devil would be in the detail of what happens to money paid over for the purchase of a boat. Probably not paid directly to the seller, but to the agent acting as intermediary.

Just now, nicknorman said:

the devil would be in the detail of what happens to money paid over for the purchase of a boat. Probably not paid directly to the seller, but to the agent acting as intermediary.

Ah yes, there is that. 

Kind of collect full payment for the first boat sale, catch the next helicopter to Barbados, let the one-month-old company fold you mean?

And Jeez, what a load of ol' cobblers on the "About Us" page, for a two-month-old campany!! 

https://aqua-trader.co.uk/about-us/

AquaTrader Group
Studio 15
Trinity Buoy Wharf
London

From, Trinity Buoy Wharf:

"Trinity Buoy Wharf is a place devoted to creative and arts activity on the River Thames in London's Docklands."

"Workpace at Trinity Buoy Wharf"

"Our studio spaces range from 200sq.ft to over a 1,000 sq.ft in both modern and historic buildings. We're committed to the growth of the arts and creative industries and willing to negotiate studio prices for artists. "

• Horror 1

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

On checking a few, all are listed on the Duck at the same price, all as private listings with no mention of “AquaTrader” 🤔

I thought that may have been the case, I wonder what they would do if you ask to view one or if the owners know they are advertising them.

Edited by ditchcrawler

A quick look at the first one suggests the description is the same, as is the contact phone number. So they look to be genuine brokers, trading under their own name on their website but appearing as an anonymous seller on the duck, giving the impression they are a private seller when they are actually a business.

I assume they're going for the Great Haywood "no premises but we'll drive down to wherever the boat is to open it up for you, or tell you we've already sold it but you should look at a different boat instead" brokerage model

Either way, the reputation of the broker is fairly unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

You do your own checks on the boat, you send your money when you've satisfied yourself about the boat's condition, your access to it and that the registration is being transferred to your name, and frankly a limited company with access to a lot of boats is a lot less likely to be doing the dirty than a "private seller" on Gumtree (and even there you're probably in the clear if there's an actual boat involved, and not just a "please send me aa deposit via Paypal so I know you are serious and then I will show you my definitely real boat, honest")

4 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Either way, the reputation of the broker is fairly unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

I'd question you on that .......................................

A boat salesman was jailed for four years after netting £480,000 by cheating customers out of their vessels.

Jailed boat salesman cheated customers out of half a million pounds - Nottinghamshire Live (nottinghampost.com)

Takes the money and neither the seller or the buyer get the boat, and he then sells it 'again'.

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'd question you on that .......................................

A boat salesman was jailed for four years after netting £480,000 by cheating customers out of their vessels.

Jailed boat salesman cheated customers out of half a million pounds - Nottinghamshire Live (nottinghampost.com)

Takes the money and neither the seller or the buyer get the boat, and he then sells it 'again'.

I fee like this emphasises my point. Rare example of people getting screwed over for fees by a broker (nine years ago) and it was an established bricks an mortar business with a solid trading history - the sort of place you'd skip over all sorts of online ads to buy from if you focused on broker reputation.

Much more important to pick the right boat than the right broker.

Edited by enigmatic

6 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

I fee like this emphasises my point. Rare example of people getting screwed over for fees by a broker (nine years ago) and it was an established bricks an mortar business with a solid trading history - the sort of place you'd skip over all sorts of online ads to buy from if you focused on broker reputation.

Much more important to pick the right boat than the right broker.

Or you pick the 'right boat' pay for it and then find that the broker has already sold it and you lose your money - 'wrong broker'.

Another example of why you should pay cash and 'take it away' with you.

The company has 3 directors, all at the same company address, 24 or 25 years old.  Company is only just over 1 month old.

Deeply suspicious.

Not a company I would like to deal with at present.

3 officers / 0 resignations

FREEMAN, Noam Michael Yerach

Correspondence address
Studio J, Container City 2, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London, United Kingdom, E14 0JW
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
May 1998
Appointed on
12 April 2023
Nationality
English
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Company Director

GOLDING, Max Andrew

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
November 1999
Appointed on
12 April 2023
Nationality
English
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Company Director

NORTH, Joshua Darren

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
November 1999
Appointed on
12 April 2023
Nationality
English
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Company Director

Mr Freeman.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/30778678-mr-noam-michael-yerach-freeman

I presume Mr Freeman is Jewish.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Or you pick the 'right boat' pay for it and then find that the broker has already sold it and you lose your money - 'wrong broker'.

Another example of why you should pay cash and 'take it away' with you.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from making a bank transfer whilst sat next to the boat ready to take it away with any brokerage or private seller, which is an entirely separate point to it being fairly pointless to make decisions on whether to look at a boat based on how established the brokerage is. A quick forum search of "Nottingham Boat Sales" finds two topics on that company from around the period the bloke was stealing people's money, both with replies suggesting it was a decent operation they'd bought or sold boats from in the past. 

and if I was worried the broker had secretly sold the boat to multiple people, the very last thing I'd want to do is pay for it with a holdall of untraceable cash the dodgy broker can pretend he never received!

3 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from making a bank transfer whilst sat next to the boat ready to take it away

I seem to recall that my bank had a maximum BACS transfer of £25,000 per day - I'm not going to be sat in a brokers yard for 4 days transfering 'dribs and drabs' if buying a £100k boat.

You can of course use CHAPs which allows you up to £250.000 per day, but that has to be done 'in Branch', not sat in a boat yard & via the internet.

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I seem to recall that my bank had a maximum BACS transfer of £25,000 per day - I'm not going to be sat in a brokers yard for 4 days transfering 'dribs and drabs' if buying a £100k boat.

You can of course use CHAPs which allows you up to £250.000 per day, but that has to be done 'in Branch', not sat in a boat yard & via the internet.

I can't speak for your bank, but I paid for my boat in two instalments sent a couple of minutes apart to evade the 25k transaction size limit.

(I did notify them in advance that I would be making the transfer, and I did have to answer a couple of security questions before the second one went through, but I imagine it'd have been more painful to get them to hand the majority of the contents of that account over in banknotes)

Edited by enigmatic

17 hours ago, Naartjie said:

Thanks ..London is now off the list!

We are currently looking at NBs in Wiltshire & will then work our way North to end up in Leeds

I wouldn't strike London off the list... we bought our boat in London and it's great. It may have been slightly higher priced than up north but not all that much I don't think. As there are so many boats in London, and there seems to be some trend of people living on them for 2/3 years before moving away, a sizeable proportion of boats for sale are probably in or near London.

36 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Turns out ours is £30k per day, despite ringing the bank and explaining we wanted to transfer a large sum and being assured it was no problem at all. Thankfully the sellers were understanding as we rang family to transfer the balance. Never trust bank call centre muppets.

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The company has 3 directors, all at the same company address, 24 or 25 years old.  Company is only just over 1 month old.

Deeply suspicious.

Not a company I would like to deal with at present.

3 officers / 0 resignations

FREEMAN, Noam Michael Yerach

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
May 1998
Appointed on
12 April 2023
Nationality
English
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Company Director

GOLDING, Max Andrew

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
November 1999
Appointed on
12 April 2023
Nationality
English
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Company Director

NORTH, Joshua Darren

Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
November 1999
Appointed on
12 April 2023
Nationality
English
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Company Director

Mr Freeman.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/30778678-mr-noam-michael-yerach-freeman

I presume Mr Freeman is Jewish.

And for what it's worth, the three directors each own 33% of the company with the remaining 1% held by one Rachel Higgs (at a different address).

Edited by David Mack