Pump out 12v toilet

saxplayer

Featured Posts

We have a Jabsco 58040-2012 on our boat, new 18 months ago, works well, no problems. It was fitted by the boat builder so their choice of model. The builder also runs a fleet of hire boats and use the same toilets in them so I am hoping that their choice is well informed based on their own experience.

I've had my 15 year old boat for 9 years and had no problems with the Vetus macerator.

Just make sure that any toilet paper used has  passed the test of it dissolving in a glass of water when stirred after a 30 second immersion and anything else out into the toilet has passed through the digestive system.

Edited by cuthound
To unmangle the effects of autocorrect.

We've got a sanimarine made by the same people who make thousands of macerators that people use when they can't get full size drainpipes to bogs in attics and under the stairs. So reckon they know a thing or two about them. 

Only issue we have had is The daughter in law putting 'ladies things' down it which it didn't like. Never had to use any special paper. 

Leesan are distributors. 

We've got both the Jabsco 58040-2012 and Sanimarin toilets in our hire fleet. Both are better in my experience than the other makes we've tried, with the Jabsco being the one I prefer of the two. They both tolerate most toilet papers, neither like disposable wipes or feminine hygiene products though.

12 hours ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

They both tolerate most toilet papers, neither like disposable wipes or feminine hygiene products though.

All problems with this stuff can be avoided by using a small bin near the toilet like us that live out of EU do, empty everyday.

3 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

All problems with this stuff can be avoided by using a small bin near the toilet like us that live out of EU do, empty everyday.

Yes, on a private boat, but unless hirers have radically changed over the years impossible on a hire boat, which Rose Narrwboats was talking about. Even large notices make no difference to some.

• Haha 1

Us English folk are strange when it comes to toilets, quite a variety of systems used in 3rd world countries. I remember my first experience of a Turkish style one in Bosnia in 1995, called into a fuel station and went to the loo to be greeted with what looked like a shower tray sunk in the floor with a hole in the middle, standing next to it was a 2 litre bottle of water and i thought who in the hell would drink from that. Mentioned it to the guy in the garage who roared with laughter and told me it for washing your arse with. Toilets in my house have a little nozzle fitted at the back of the pan to direct a jet of water right at the spot for that purpose, can be quite nice in the hot summer😁

1 hour ago, Mike Hurley said:

Toilets in my house have a little nozzle fitted at the back of the pan to direct a jet of water right at the spot for that purpose, can be quite nice in the hot summer

Ahhh - are you talking the infamous "Bum Gun" ?

Son lives in Cambodia, and houses that actually have toilets all have the bum-gun, no paper in sight.

It seems that whilst in the UK our soil-pipe is a standard of 4", in many other countries it is only 1.5" or 2" so easily blocked.

I found the big problem of using the gun is having a wet bum when you pull your pants up.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ahhh - the infamous "Bum Gun"

Son lives in Cambodia, and houses that actually have toilets all have the bum-gun, no paper in sight.

It seems that whilst in the UK our soil-pipe is a standard of 4", in many other countries it is only 1.5" or 2" so easily blocked.

I found the big problem of using the gun is having a wet bum when you pull your pants up.

A bigger problem is if you trigger it when standing up in front of it having already got dressed... 😉

2 minutes ago, IanD said:

A bigger problem is if you trigger it when standing up in front of it having already got dressed... 😉

Do you know what a bum-gun is ?

Not normally a problem as you would put it back on its hook before standing.

Why would you stand up & 'get dressed' still holding the gun ?

See the source image

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Do you know what a bum-gun is ?

Not normally a problem as you would put it back on its hook before standing.

Why would you stand up & 'get dressed' still holding the gun ?

See the source image

I meant the type of toilet with a built-in sprayer for your bits, as often found in the Far East (as opposed to the "squatties" often found in the Middle East) -- haven't come across ones like you showed, or heard the term "bum-gun" before. Hey ho...

Edited by IanD

2 minutes ago, IanD said:

I meant the type of toilet with a built-in sprayer for your bits, as often found in the Far East (as opposed to the "squatties" often found in the Middle East) -- haven't come across ones like you showed, or heard the term "bum-gun" before. Hey ho...

They are very common in Asia and 'the East'.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

They are very common in Asia and 'the East'.

Maybe, but where I've been (Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia...), as I said I've never seen one. Maybe because I've usually been cosseted in the lap of hotel luxury (well, some of them) rather than out in the countryside... 😉

Just now, IanD said:

Maybe, but where I've been (Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia...), as I said I've never seen one. Maybe because I've usually been cosseted in the lap of hotel luxury (well, some of them) rather than out in the countryside... 😉

I am not talking 'countryside' I'm talking about capital cities.

Son lives in Phnom Penn (Population 2.2 million, 3200 inhabitants per square Km). He had a weekend house built in the 'country' with its own sea-frontage which did not even have running water, the water was delivered daily by a Tanker and pumped up into the loft into a holding tank.

He had great difficulty getting the builders to install a toilet with a cesspit (which they made by cementing together big concrete rings used in drainage channels) the 1st time they came with a tanker to empty it they pumped it out, over his wall and into the sea at the bottom of his garden.

14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Son lives in Phnom Penn (Population 2.2 million, 3200 inhabitants per square Km). He had a weekend house built in the 'country' with its own sea-frontage which did not even have running water, the water was delivered daily by a Tanker and pumped up into the loft into a holding tank.

He had great difficulty getting the builders to install a toilet with a cesspit (which they made by cementing together big concrete rings used in drainage channels) the 1st time they came with a tanker to empty it they pumped it out, over his wall and into the sea at the bottom of his garden.

Would have been cheaper to put his ring over the sea🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I really don't see what your argument  is here, apart from arguing with me for the sake of it as usual.

So your son has a house with a "bum-gun". And all the places I've been in the Far East didn't. Both are true. What's your problem with this?