What Sort Of Drunk Are You ?

Glennbrown

Featured Posts

Well its Wednesday night, and I'm stuck in, so thought I'd post a bit of b@ll@x to cheer myself up.

When you have had a skinful...ie are bevvied, kaylied, sh@t faced, 3 sheets to the wind (hmm sounds like a good topic for another thread).....what sort of a drunk are you?

I go dead loud and larey....really crude and tell everyone they are gorgeous and I love em !

What about u lot....happy, maudlin, agressive, invinceable....how do you go when youve had a few?

:lol: Good thread - though perhaps more worthy for the VP than Genreal Boating. But, what the heck!

I get happy and chatty when on the bevvies. When quite tipsy I start putting the world to rights (politics, envirnoment, the education system... nothing is too high-brow). If really mullered I keep repeating myself (which must be really annoying for everyone else) but I haven't been that hammered in a while. Hey, it's payday tomorrow, so I may well recitify that!

• Lager gets me drunk quickly but it is the worst for hangovers (and I spend so much time in the loo or queuing for the loo that I don't think anyone knows what I'm like if p*ssed on beer coz they never see me!). It makes me laugh a lot and be a bit loud.
  • I enjoy a good ale or two and can tolerate it better than lager (and I prefer it, to be honest) and I lose the use of my legs surprisingly quickly - but it can still give me a corker of a hangover.
  • But if I'm drinking shorts (a nice Drambuie or Cointreau, or brandy) the world is my oyster and I think I'm the sharpest wit since Oscar Wilde. And I rarely get a hangover no matter how much I down.
  • Talisker is scrummy but best suited to later in the evening when I've had enough of beer - if I start on whisky early then I'll be asleep by 9pm and dehydrated like a raisin in the morning with a head like Mallets Mallet. Don't hink I've ever ONLY drunk Talisker of an evening so I don't know what it does to my mood.
  • Wine I have to respect (I prefer a heavy duty spicy red and always South American, or New Zealand/Aus at a push - can't stand French wine) But even if drinking a lightweight wine, sometimes wine will go down well, and sometimes it makes my stomach pinch. And always I feel like death the next day. I find I start off giggly then turn into Claire Rayner if on the wine, and become a shoulder to cry on for all and sundry.
  • Cocktails a ADORE and just want to party the night away and again rarely get hungover - I suppose that's because I'm better suited to spirits.
  • Port is lovely and sends me to sleep. A small snifter of port if I'm unwell is great to send me into a doze. (Strictly medicinal) ;)

To conclude:

I behave differently according to what I'm drinking

I'm not too fussy about what I drink! :lol:

I never get down on booze - but I never drink if I'm feeling down - so maybe that's why? I also rarely feel down about stuff, so maybe that's part of it too. Who knows! Another round anyone...? :cheers:

Only been drunk a dozen or so times........until this year......

No bad, all-day hangover now :cheers:

Never drunk much, nor wanted to ........ until lately.

So have a few more than usual at times this summer.

What sort of drunk ........ soft as sh1t.

But then I get ill, which stops proceedings.

I am just my normal docile, amiable self, but if that doesn't work I thump somebody.
:cheers::lol::lol:
Only been drunk a dozen or so times........until this year......No bad, all-day hangover now :) Never drunk much, nor wanted to ........ until lately.So have a few more than usual at times this summer.What sort of drunk ........ soft as sh1t.But then I get ill, which stops proceedings.
I get two day hangovers thses days... they started after turned 29. ;)

I tend to go into verbal diarrhea mode and have a habit if repeating myself

Wait a minute I'm sober and I'm still doing it

I've never had a hangover in my life. This led to severe excessive drinking in my early to mid 20's (no repercussions = no limits) which led me to stop altogether for many years. I now treat myself on my, and swmbo's birthdays.

Large crowds usually gather as I am, apparently, most entertaining. I think this is more due to the novelty of my friends seeing me drunk, rather than my skills as a raconteur.

I used to "sing" when i was drunk but fortunately for music lovers everywhere I don't anymore

Unless of course there is a karaoke where I do a pretty mean rendition of "lonesome pine"

(A real rock classic :cheers: )

Nowadays, with my advancing years, I simply tend to smile a lot and then fall asleep

In the good ole days I would normally have a guitar in my hand whilst getting drunk and would keep going all night playing anything from any era. Lately I go for a few pints then go home and carry on with cans till I cannot stay awake. During this time I will go from happy, subdued, sad and then sometimes manic depressive. I'll then blame myself and everyone else for my life and then decide F@ck It. I'll probably be dead soon. Who cares. Then it's ok to sleep.

I prefer day time... :cheers:

In my worst days, sometime in 1994, a friend had a party, took me and gave me drinks to cheer me up.

He succeeded, however this was me at 2.00 in the afternoon, when he visited the next day.

Different type of hangover.......

This photo was JUST before I went out for my first bangerrod race.....I'd not driven a race car for 18 years, only driven the car onto the trailer, never seen Swaffam track, and never driven clockwise.....

hangover.jpg

Edited by Supermalc

I've sold the photo to BW. They're going to post it at 48hr moorings to discourage overstaying.

oh look a chance to BW bash. Good idea much cheaper than their present methods and probably a lot more effective!

Real Ale

Rum

Red Wine

Guinness

not all at the same time

Happy

talkative

funny

then ill