Audlem food !

haggis

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

As anyone who knows me will tell you I am a very angry and aggressive person,

Great. Go you.  

But for both our sakes, since you clearly don't take any pleasure from my posts, and you seldom have anything positive to say in reply, I would recommend you set my profile to ignore. 

Alternatively, I'm quite happy to do the same to your profile. 

Edited by Tony1

7 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

Great. Go you.  

But for both our sakes, since you clearly don't take any pleasure from my posts, and you seldom have anything positive to say in reply, I would recommend you set my profile to ignore. 

Alternatively, I'm quite happy to do the same to your profile. 

Please don't take it personally, I often don't look to see who I am replying to, If you put me on your ignore list then you wont need to see my replies. 

54 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Please don't take it personally, I often don't look to see who I am replying to, If you put me on your ignore list then you wont need to see my replies. 

I was starting to get the impression that my posts were causing you annoyance, but if there is no personal malice intended from you then that's fair enough, I won't take your replies as a personal attack.  

ETA- just to return to the subject, I think it is worth repeating that I did not show hatred or anger in those earlier posts. What I did was that I joked about hatred, as the topic of discussion.

And that is a very different thing from expressing hatred from myself to another. So I still think your reply was incorrect and unfair, even if it was not based on a personal dislike. 

Edited by Tony1

7 minutes ago, StephenA said:

And once again a perfectly good thread descends into politics and personal arguments.

A poster speculated that the closure of a popular pub might be due to brexit, and the real world answer to that involves a discussion of politics. 

Any discussion involving escalating prices, staff shortages or the general economic situation will descend into politics.

And since 2016, it has not been possible to have a political debate that is both honest and civilised. 

We live in a world where politics has become filled with hate, on both sides.

It is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, Hastings said:

This post was about food in Audlem, but it has been hijacked by people with personal agendas which have nothing to do with the subject.

Can we get it back onto track please?

No chance, best you just get yourself an Indian Take away and large glass of whiskey (is that the Scottish or the Irish)

24 minutes ago, Hastings said:

This post was about food in Audlem, but it has been hijacked by people with personal agendas which have nothing to do with the subject.

Can we get it back onto track please?

OMG, are you telling me a thread on CWDF got derailed?!? 

Thank God you intervened in time.  Well done.  

(Btw, I like these new forum police uniforms)

• Unimpressed 1

6 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

6 hours ago, Tony1 said:

I was starting to get the impression that my posts were causing you annoyance, but if there is no personal malice intended from you then that's fair enough, I won't take your replies as a personal attack.  

ETA- just to return to the subject, ... (snip)

Having met Tony1 and Ditchcrawler, I think they'd get on pretty well together. :cheers: 

On 26/09/2022 at 23:31, Iain_S said:

Having met Tony1 and Ditchcrawler, I think they'd get on pretty well together. :cheers: 

You are a good man Iain. I would like to think that I know one when I meet one.

But you give me too much credit here.

I will never knowingly make friends with any person who comes out to criticise me whilst at the same time defending the Daily Mail. 

As it is, I can barely tolerate communicating with the friends and family I already have who are of the tory persuasion.

Politics has become too vicious in recent years, and there is absolutely no room for any more people of a right wing mentality in my life.

And every time I hear of another four hour wait for an ambulance, or fuel bills skyrocketing, or the pound sinking to a new record low, my anger only grows.

I can only add an insipid apology to the newly self-appointed forum police for having added another politically focused comment to the thread.

But unlike you, Iain is a true gentleman, and I feel he deserves a reply.

On the plus side for the shiny new forum police officers, I don't intend to make any further comment of a political nature.

Not on this this thread. 

Edited by Tony1

On 26/09/2022 at 09:43, David Mack said:

It's a couple of years since I visited the Shady Oak, but it was very quiet then. So I am not surprised if there isn't enough business to keep them going over the winter.

The shady oak was open a couple of weeks ago

11 hours ago, Tony1 said:

A long rant !

Calm down , Tony! We are all entitled to our views and it is not unusual for others to disagree. We have known Brian (ditchcrawler ) for years and if he has strong political views he has hidden them well. He, like most of us is a boater and his posts are generally about boating. I don't think he reads the Daily Mail ☺️.

I am sorry now that I asked about food in Audlem as it has apparently touched a few nerves - and it is not even in the political section ☺️

Haggis

1 hour ago, haggis said:

Calm down , Tony! We are all entitled to our views and it is not unusual for others to disagree. We have known Brian (ditchcrawler ) for years and if he has strong political views he has hidden them well. He, like most of us is a boater and his posts are generally about boating. I don't think he reads the Daily Mail ☺️.

I am sorry now that I asked about food in Audlem as it has apparently touched a few nerves - and it is not even in the political section ☺️

Haggis

Sincere apologies for the derailing, Mrs H, and you are right of course.

Thankfully you got the info you needed before the thread went off track.

But it was wrong to indulge in political discussion outside of the politics section (even jokingly as I started out doing).

It never seems to end well, which is why I usually try to avoid talking politics.  

13 hours ago, Leemc said:

The shady oak was open a couple of weeks ago

It’s 3 or 4 years since I used the Shady Oak and I had a really good time there.

A boating couple had just took it over. I guess they’re gone now.

A few folk from Tattenhall Marina used to come down and it usually made for a good afternoon in the sun.

I remember it being very busy for food.

Edited by Goliath

14 hours ago, Tony1 said:

Good plan, Tony. I have found that anytime politics are mentioned on the forum it gets a bit heated as everyone thinks their view is the only correct one. For that reason I avoid the political section and if another thread Straus into politics I just "walk on by". Life is too short to get involved in political discussions on a canal forum.

I only responded this time as I count both of you as friends 

2 hours ago, haggis said:

Good plan, Tony. I have found that anytime politics are mentioned on the forum it gets a bit heated as everyone thinks their view is the only correct one. For that reason I avoid the political section and if another thread Straus into politics I just "walk on by". Life is too short to get involved in political discussions on a canal forum.

I only responded this time as I count both of you as friends 

Unless (not impossible I admit) there is no correct view expressed, surely someone will be right to think that only theirs is correct. No two opposing views can both be correct. Not suggesting for a moment that people are not entitled to express their (incorrect) views of course.

16 minutes ago, D Ash said:

Haggis.  Is that a food made from kelpies and gamebirds😀?

No! A haggis is a wee four legged beastie which runs round the hills in Scotland. A Kelpie, being. ( A  Mythical ) horse would be a bit tough and while a GAMEBIRD would taste ok, they are getting a bit scarce and we don't eat them anymore.

Haggis on the other hand are delicious 

19 minutes ago, haggis said:

No! A haggis is a wee four legged beastie which runs round the hills in Scotland. A Kelpie, being. ( A  Mythical ) horse would be a bit tough and while a GAMEBIRD would taste ok, they are getting a bit scarce and we don't eat them anymore.

Haggis on the other hand are delicious 

...so long as you don't enquire too closely about what's in them... 😉