Huddersfield Narrow

Midnight

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, JemShaun said:

No I don't get gas from him, however he is still there 👍👍

Glad to hear it

He was a good friend while I stayed over that way. 
Really nice bloke. 
Him and his mates tend to sit and watch the boats while having a beer. Might feel a bit intimidating for some but they are good people. 

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

Glad to hear it

He was a good friend while I stayed over that way. 
Really nice bloke. 
Him and his mates tend to sit and watch the boats while having a beer. Might feel a bit intimidating for some but they are good people. 

Better go back this afternoon as you have mentioned beer 🍺 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Happy 1

On 24/02/2023 at 11:43, Hudds Lad said:

Are they sticking any mooring rings atop the new extended wash wall? I've always thought it a crying shame there was no mooring there with easy access to the bakery and brewery.

Walked along there this morning to get my bread.I counted four mooring rings and a bollard.These are not new, they have been there all the time, but were buried in undergrowth, and are now visible .

3 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

Walked along there this morning to get my bread.I counted four mooring rings and a bollard.These are not new, they have been there all the time, but were buried in undergrowth, and are now visible .

I seem to remember the problem with mooring there was not just shallow water but a high wall, well above gunwale level -- has this now changed?

Or was this all just because the level in the pound was low?

25 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Gone a bit ‘Silent’ does no one know where it is?

from your cryptic and subtle clue, i’ll stick my neck out and say The Silent Woman, can’t say i’ve ever been in.

Only ever been in The Star and The Commercial, and the Star is long gone

25 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

from your cryptic and subtle clue, i’ll stick my neck out and say The Silent Woman, can’t say i’ve ever been in.

Only ever been in The Star and The Commercial, and the Star is long gone

the Star gone !?!

yes the Silent Woman 😃

how about the no2 club, is that still going?

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

the Star gone !?!

yes the Silent Woman 😃

how about the no2 club, is that still going?

Yeah, Nobles Bar or something (or was) in one half, Indian restaurant in the other.

As far as i know No.2 is still going.

• Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Goliath said:

That’s a shame 

Just googled it, looked a good pub

Never visited it, 

and never shall now ☹️

The pub isn't closing, just the tiny brewery.  It's quite a haul up the hill from mooring at the lock near the Titanic Mill.  A beautiful little old-fashioned pub.  The parlour is very similar to our living room 70 years ago.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

The pub isn't closing, just the tiny brewery.  It's quite a haul up the hill from mooring at the lock near the Titanic Mill.  A beautiful little old-fashioned pub.  The parlour is very similar to our living room 70 years ago.

Oh I see, I misread it,

Then there’s a chance I might yet see it 👍

17 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Lovely pub indeed, but last time we were there -- admittedly years ago -- it was somewhat smelly and the beer tasted like home-brew, if you know what I mean...

2 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Cat City is long gone as far as i know :D 

That's good -- the smell of cat p*ss might have partially explained why the beer tasted below par, given that smell and taste are inextricably linked...

(but I've had the Linfit beers elsewhere and didn't much like them them either, like David Bruce's "xxx and Firkin" beers when they were brewed in the pubs)

Edited by IanD