BSS -

Old Son

Featured Posts

I had my BSS survey carried out about two weeks before my valid certificate expired on 24th August. I am still waiting to receive my new certificate. Is this normal or do I need to download it from somewhere?

I’ve looked on the BSS site and can’t find any information. 

Thanks

At our last BSS the examiner completed all the details online while he was still on the boat.  He then sent me a link so that I could print out the certificate.  It all happened at the end of the examination.  No paper involved and all very efficient.

If you look at your C&RT account and your boat details online you will see the bss expiry date 

Like this

image.png.fc219efae9860d99ecdcaca666d75ec5.png

PS

There is no need for a paper certificate really but I see the surveyor did send me a pdf  certificate by email  after the last test in 2020.

As others have said. I just got a link in an email. Ive never printed it off as its of no use. Same with car MOT, even tho they give you a copy its of no use as anyone can check any vehicle online in ten seconds, the piece of paper is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Old Son said:

I’ve emailed him within the last couple of days but no response. I thought he might be on holiday. 

Any chance any emails may be in your spam folder?

Giving the BSC man benefit of the doubt.

I myself get this fairly often with quotes I send out and people dont recieve them. Well they do- just not where they was expecting it 😀

2 hours ago, MartynG said:

If you look at your C&RT account and your boat details online you will see the bss expiry date 

Like this

image.png.fc219efae9860d99ecdcaca666d75ec5.png

PS

There is no need for a paper certificate really but I see the surveyor did send me a pdf  certificate by email  after the last test in 2020.

I've just checked and my account shows the BSC ran out on 24th August. I will phone the company tomorrow and chase. I'm sure it's an oversight, I've used the same examiner for the last 3 examinations and its not happened before.