Blue Nail Varnish

LadyG

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, LadyG said:

If I paint my LEDs with clear blue nailvarnish will they look like blue LEDs?

Just so much easier than replacing them.

Not if it’s a red led.  ?
Red & Green LEDs are monochromatic (ie single colour) so don’t emit any blue light.

More seriously a white led is actually a UV led with a ‘white’ phosphor coating that glows white.  So there is a degree of blue light which you could filter, ie remove the other colours, so I am pretty sure it would work, BUT as you would be filtering out (guess) 80% of the light it may not be very bright.

Edited by Chewbacka

If you buy a tin of Quality St toffees there is a selection of clear coloured cellophane papers. Just stick the colour of your choice over the lamps. Green is cocoanut. Red strawberry, purple nut, blue cold nose flavour  I prefer Celebrations though.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

If you buy a tin of Quality St toffees there is a selection of clear coloured cellophane papers. Just stick the colour of your choice over the lamps. Green is cocoanut. Red strawberry, purple nut, blue cold nose flavour  I prefer Celebrations though.

Remember Lucozade paper?  The world looked so much better when viewed through it. 

...edit to add that Ive remembered about the coloured film used in theatre to put over the lights. Loads of snippets are left over from such use.  I cannot however recall the correct name of the stuff. 

Edited by Chagall

10 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

Not if it’s a red led.  ?
Red & Green LEDs are monochromatic (ie single colour) so don’t emit any blue light.

More seriously a white led is actually a UV led with a ‘white’ phosphor coating that glows white.  So there is a degree of blue light which you could filter, ie remove the other colours, so I am pretty sure it would work, BUT as you would be filtering out (guess) 80% of the light it may not be very bright.

I've already given them a quick coat of warm white as it was like an operating theatre, I only use them to scare away n'er do wells, will buy some sweetie papers,  I could or should have the saloon blue and the rest red, to maintan night vision..

43 minutes ago, Bee said:

Am surprised you have any blue nail varnish.  Its just so Essex. 

I suspect Worksop ladies will still be living in the 1980's, supplies will be available 'till 2030.

Beautiful day today, let's all go outside, run up and down the towpath, singing and dancing all the way 

?

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I've already given them a quick coat of warm white as it was like an operating theatre, I only use them to scare away n'er do wells, will buy some sweetie papers,  I could or should have the saloon blue and the rest red, to maintan night vision..

Red lights in the bedroom of a boat may attract unwanted attention ?

12 hours ago, LadyG said:

If I paint my LEDs with clear blue nailvarnish will they look like blue LEDs?

Just so much easier than replacing them.

I was given a string of tiny LED lights.

They are in a long plastic strap,which can be stuck around the cabin top or under the gunwales with double sided tape.

There is a controller which changes the brightness and colour from white to red to blue to pink to purple and green.

Quite cheap I believe on e bay.

11 hours ago, bizzard said:

Someone on FB has just sorted a tin, most were orange colour

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I suspect Worksop ladies will still be living in the 1980's, supplies will be available 'till 2030

?

Oy, my daughter lives there, so does her mum now.

There again  you're probably right. They both grew up in Lincoln which, I suspect, hasn't actually reached the sixties yet.

10 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

I was given a string of tiny LED lights.

They are in a long plastic strap,which can be stuck around the cabin top or under the gunwales with double sided tape.

There is a controller which changes the brightness and colour from white to red to blue to pink to purple and green.

Quite cheap I believe on e bay.

Yes, indeed, I would go for that look outside, but there is no one around to see it, dog walking starts at 08.00, no dogging after 18.00

Edited by LadyG

22 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

i don't think they're in coloured cellophane like they used to be.

you can get reasonably cheap colour changing LED bulbs nowadays, cool to warm white and combo RGB colours all changed from your phone or via Alexa, Google, Siri etc.

I don't do that kind of thing, it's not part of my lifestyle. I'm not going to sit pressing buttons or talking to an automaton, how sad is that?

Edited by LadyG

9 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I don't do that kind of thing, it's not part of my lifestyle. I'm not giing to sit pressing button to change coloured lighting, how sad is that?

I really don't know why people bother replying to your requests for information! 

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Chagall, stop stalking me, you're on ignore, just go  away.

No, I wont "go away"     Your claim of my “stalking from Goole” is in your imagination largely because of your attempt to document why it was ‘Time To Go’  Leaving Goole in the middle of a worldwide pandemic lockdown received rather more scorn than you expected. Many of your posts receive similar censure but since my own comments are in the same threads you have attached your convoluted dissatisfaction to me.  

Knock yourself out, “frankly my dear I couldn’t give a damn.” 

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I don't do that kind of thing, it's not part of my lifestyle. I'm not going to sit pressing buttons or talking to an automaton, how sad is that?

Then colour me sad.

I find it quite useful on an evening to turn all the downstairs lights off with one command as i'm going to bed, saves me having to wander into every room of our house and flick switches (technically that's a form of "pushing buttons"). Or have them come on automatically at set times and off again when we're away on the boat.

each to their own though, i was merely offering an alternative solution, PM me your preferred collection point and i'll send you some Quality Street ?

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Then colour me sad.

I find it quite useful on an evening to turn all the downstairs lights off with one command as i'm going to bed, saves me having to wander into every room of our house and flick switches (technically that's a form of "pushing buttons"). Or have them come on automatically at set times and off again when we're away on the boat.

each to their own though, i was merely offering an alternative solution, PM me your preferred collection point and i'll send you some Quality Street ?

Thanks for the offer, but  I'm not keen on milk chocolate, I can understand if you live in a house with upstairs that being in control of lighting is a must have for some people, I'm just wondering how far automation can go ...... Don't answer that.

It's not new to have lights come on when you are away, there is a plug in device that lights up when it gets dark. £2.99, free postage!

Edited by LadyG