It's open Again

matty40s

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

The latest evidence also states that, if you have no symptoms and have a negative test for the virus, you are not necessarily negative but, if you have symptoms, and have a negative test, you are definitely negative.

How many people have had a negative test for the virus, and gone on to be positive a few days later?

He wouldn't know a FACT if it smacked him in the face like a wet fish... except in the same way that a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Yet you lap it up like his little lap dog would.

I not only understand how good he is but also his experts like Chris Witty who are there backing him up. Perhaps you have better information than they have.

22 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Im accusing no body of anything. Boris is on giving us the FACTS about the virus as we speak having been giving his advice by proffesionals, you , I and Ian only have an opinion and that opinion will be dare I say obvious on how we vote or are you saying that isnt obvious on each and every point being made by people on theses ongoing threads. Boris is still doing a stirling job under conditions no PM has ever had before, we are all still at the early learning stage. Having a beer with close friends here on monday night as he says we can. Of course anyone who wants to stay locked up in their house or boat boxes in entitled to do so innitt.

I heard that the professionals give him their information and advice, then "he does with it what he will".

Given what you know about Boris already, what he has achieved for you, and how he has achieved it, I am amazed that a clever bloke like you doesn't start from the point that, if Boris is saying something, it's almost certainly wrong, or a lie.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I heard that the professionals give him their information and advice, then "he does with it what he will".

Given what you know about Boris already, what he has achieved for you, and how he has achieved it, I am amazed that a clever bloke like you doesn't start from the point that, if Boris is saying something, it's almost certainly wrong, or a lie.

So far only one thing realy, but that was the one thing no other UK politician was going to deliver and he was the only leader who hadnt changed and lied about it. It was the most significant political matter in my lifetime. As for the virus?? who knows its all new and being dealt with as and when science provide possibly a way forward.

34 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

So far only one thing realy, but that was the one thing no other UK politician was going to deliver and he was the only leader who hadnt changed and lied about it. It was the most significant political matter in my lifetime. As for the virus?? who knows its all new and being dealt with as and when science provide possibly a way forward.

Although, in point of fact, he had prepared two speeches, one in favour of leaving the EU and one in favour of staying, to be delivered depending on what the result was.  He really, really wanted to be PM, that's all.  His whole journalistic career was based on telling entertaining lies about the EU. Not that any of that matters now.  Nor does "the science". 

• Greenie 1

53 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

his experts like Chris Witty who are there backing him up

Johnson prevented Whitty from answering a public health question on the grounds that it was "political".  He has no integrity (we already knew about his morals). It's not just a few people who are incensed about the Durham trip affair, it's millions of people.  

1 minute ago, Machpoint005 said:

Johnson prevented Whitty from answering a public health question on the grounds that it was "political".  He has no integrity (we already knew about his morals). It's not just a few people who are incensed about the Durham trip affair, it's millions of people.  

My guess is its about 48 percent who are incensed. I agree that's millions of people. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

My guess is its about 48 percent who are incensed. I agree that's millions of people. 

YOUR GUESS??? pretty much worthless, and you know it.

If you must bring that Brexit thing into it, there are several here who supported it with you, but are incensed, (or similar), by Cummings actions. Extrapolating a bit, it's "about" many more than 50% who are incensed - but don't let that stop you spouting your bollox.

Not sure how big the fuel tanks are on petrol Freelanders, but I reckon he must have stopped more than once to fill up. Is probably one with a big v8 engine with twin turbos to boot. It was eventually weedled out of Cummings that he did stop for petrol on the way back to London. A round trip from London to Durham plus the Jolly to Barnards castle is roughly 600 miles.

2 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

If you must bring that Brexit thing into it, there are several here who supported it with you, but are incensed, (or similar), by Cummings actions. Extrapolating a bit, it's "about" many more than 50% who are incensed - but don't let that stop you spouting your bollox.

Government figures on  percentage incensed will shortly be published.

They will be an accurate reflection of what the government want them to be.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Not sure how big the fuel tanks are on petrol Freelanders, but I reckon he must have stopped more than once to fill up. Is probably one with a big v8 engine with twin turbos to boot. It was eventually weedled out of Cummings that he did stop for petrol on the way back to London. A round trip from London to Durham plus the Jolly to Barnards castle is roughly 600 miles.

The car shown in TV news was, I think, a current model Discovery. I know he said "petrol" but in reality it is probably a diesel, so his tale of driving all the way there and part way back before filling up with fuel is entirely plausible. My daughter talks about putting "petrol" in her car - it's a diesel.  

What is utterly ridiculous is the suggestion that neither he, his wife, nor his 4-year old child needed to stop for a wee.

What is stupefyingly gobsmacking is that so many folk seem prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, when the whole story was obviously cooked up last weekend by Johnson and Cummings. Cummings was so worried about his wife and child that he shut them in a small box for five or six hours when at least one of them already had Covid-19 symptoms? Oh, please!

He did it because he thought he could get away with it. 

It seems to me that someone who makes the rules, then fails to comply with them, is sending out completely the wrong public health message. I will not comment on my opinion of his integrity, because that might be too political.

26 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

That's 3% more than voted Tory in December 2019.

Just saying.

• Happy 1

26 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Who quoted Brexit? Not me. 

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I think it might be an allusion to a 48% vote (on turnout) but I can't tell what the "50% incensed" figure relates, to because it was presumably a straw poll, not a vote and we don't know what the "don't know" figure was. Nevertheless, around here the number is probably much bigger.  

For the avoidance of doubt, my 3% was definitely an allusion to a referendum, but you knew that already!  :D

In the meantime, because of the Bosley closure, I've decided to open up, clean out and repaint my water tank. 

• Happy 1

8 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

The car shown in TV news was, I think, a current model Discovery. I know he said "petrol" but in reality it is probably a diesel, so his tale of driving all the way there and part way back before filling up with fuel is entirely plausible. My daughter talks about putting "petrol" in her car - it's a diesel.  

What is utterly ridiculous is the suggestion that neither he, his wife, nor his 4-year old child needed to stop for a wee.

What is stupefyingly gobsmacking is that so many folk seem prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, when the whole story was obviously cooked up last weekend by Johnson and Cummings. Cummings was so worried about his wife and child that he shut them in a small box for five or six hours when at least one of them already had Covid-19 symptoms? Oh, please!

He did it because he thought he could get away with it. 

It seems to me that someone who makes the rules, then fails to comply with them, is sending out completely the wrong public health message. I will not comment on my opinion of his integrity, because that might be too political.

That's 3% more than voted Tory in December 2019.

Just saying.

He did mention the word petrol a couple of times. Anyway he'd have been in really dead trouble if a fault had cropped up with it and it went into Limp Home Mode, he wouldn't have got back until about a week later, starving and simply busting for a toilet.

Perhaps it's just me, but the "happy" emoji doesn't look very happy - through gritted teeth comes to mind (not you, Tim).

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

He did mention the word petrol a couple of times. Anyway he'd have been in really dead trouble if a fault had cropped up with it and it went into Limp Home Mode, he wouldn't have got back until about a week later, starving and simply busting for a toilet.

I agree, but there are any number of reasons why the excuses or explanations don't stack up. Test drive with your wife and child on board? Criminally negligent if anything went wrong.

The important points are (a) he hasn't resigned (yet) and (b) his boss hasn't sacked him (yet).

3 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Perhaps it's just me, but the "happy" emoji doesn't look very happy - through gritted teeth comes to mind (not you, Tim).

I agree, but there are any number of reasons why the excuses or explanations don't stack up. Test drive with your wife and child on board? Criminally negligent if anything went wrong.

The important points are (a) he hasn't resigned (yet) and (b) his boss hasn't sacked him (yet).

Agreed, and not jut around the block or on his fathers extensive farm property but 60 odd miles!!!

I got stuck behind a nearly new huge brute of a black Mercedes last Thursday going to Aldi, one of the extra wide stupid powerful 170 mph ones with four exhaust pipes. It was crawling along at 15 mph with hazards blinking, obviousley gone into limp home mode, The sod wouldn't move the rotten thing over either to let traffic past, typical of drivers of such vehicles. I did eventually buzz past it in my 33 year old car without limp home mode.

58 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I got stuck behind a nearly new huge brute of a black Mercedes last Thursday going to Aldi, one of the extra wide stupid powerful 170 mph ones with four exhaust pipes. It was crawling along at 15 mph with hazards blinking, obviousley gone into limp home mode, The sod wouldn't move the rotten thing over either to let traffic past, typical of drivers of such vehicles. I did eventually buzz past it in my 33 year old car without limp home mode.

It went into limp mode because it was going to Aldi, or was it you going to Aldi not it?  I like cycling past 3000 pound electric bikes on my 1980s steel Italian bike, especially uphill, or downhill , or on the flat.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

No... you alluded to it in that sneaky way you have, didnt you. You just cant let it go, can you?

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

In the meantime, because of the Bosley closure, I've decided to open up, clean out and repaint my water tank. 

Very brave to even open it up. I'm pretty sure if I open mine up, I'll have to clean and paint it, and that's not a door I want to step through right now.

33 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Where do you find an open toilet at the moment? I am wondering for when I finally get to drive back to the boat

Well, the one open one at Skegness other day had a queue of around 200 plus people plus prams.