Boat Licenses Extended By A Month

Parahandy

Featured Posts

I received notice of the above from the NBTA yesterday and firstly I want to commend the Organisation for their excellent forwarding of Information and Advice throughout this Crisis , many of us are grateful . As regards the License Extension I suppose it will please the Middle Class Boat Owner who has a Boat moored in some Marina but speaking as a Liveaboard Continuous Cruiser it makes little difference , I would have much preferred a Closed Towpath but sadly this wasn't to be .

24 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

The logic of this evades me, unless it assumes that Liveaboard Continuous Cruisers don't have licences anyway.

Sorry Allan I was just giving my view that the CRT are more concerned with looking after the interests of one group of Boaters as opposed to another . Doubtless I will be castigated by the usual People for thinking this but I am very disappointed that here in Milton Keynes where we have a Bridleway and Redway on the other side of the Hedge that the Towpath wasn't closed .

Edited by Parahandy

"You've got to accentuate the positive
 Eliminate the negative
 And latch on to the affirmative
 Don't mess with Mister In-Between"

We're getting a free month.

What is there not to like?

Although I'd agree that the Gold Licence situation needs sorting.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I think you are conflating the two (CCers with NBTA members).

No, I made no reference to NBTA, I merely followed the trail of the OP's second sentence. I simply fail to understand why a month's extension to the licence would please a middle-class leisure boater more than it would a liveaboard cc'er.

Being also in Milton Keynes I similarly cannot understand why there is not a greater disincentive for people to use the excellent, wide footpaths & bridleways which run parallel to the towpath on the other side of the hedge.

1 hour ago, haggis said:

Why not sell their boat and find a past time where the rules suit them? I am well aware that C&RT often get it wrong but  they also often get it right. 

Well then, what's your problem? If the sun doesn't always shine out of their backsides, I guess others might say so. I appreciate the gesture of a possible month's holiday, but I won't be pressing any return button.