Pirate Ship For Sale

Featured Posts

Its a nice boat - the family have been on it 'for a larf'.

Presumably the expenses are now starting to outweigh the income ?

https://www.findafishingboat.com/passenger-pleasure-boat/ad-103669

Forty percent size replica of Captain James Cook's Endeavour currently sailing out of Whitby harbour. It has operated for the past 17 years as the Captain Cook Experience, a very popular tourist attraction running 25 minute sea trips throughout the summer months. We have a narrated informational commentary throughout the trip and also play sea shanties. Fun and educational trips with regular bookings from schools. Appealing to all ages. Would also be the ideal pirate ship!

Passenger pleasure boat - picture 1

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Its a nice boat - the family have been on it 'for a larf'.

Presumably the expenses are now starting to outweigh the income ?

https://www.findafishingboat.com/passenger-pleasure-boat/ad-103669

Forty percent size replica of Captain James Cook's Endeavour currently sailing out of Whitby harbour. It has operated for the past 17 years as the Captain Cook Experience, a very popular tourist attraction running 25 minute sea trips throughout the summer months. We have a narrated informational commentary throughout the trip and also play sea shanties. Fun and educational trips with regular bookings from schools. Appealing to all ages. Would also be the ideal pirate ship!

Passenger pleasure boat - picture 1

One would have thought that the income from the trips plus the income from piracy would easily pay for the maintenance and provide a handsome (presumably tax free) profit. ?

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

....or you could operate a pop radio station from it. Not much space for a studio, though.

I don't know. You can get a lot of music on an I Pod and radios have got much smaller in th last 50 years.

17 minutes ago, Slim said:

I don't know. You can get a lot of music on an I Pod and radios have got much smaller in th last 50 years.

:clapping:

Yes, I suppose i was still thinking in medium-wave terms!

32 minutes ago, Slim said:

Indeed, the broadcasting room from the Radio Caroline Ship, Ross Revenge 

https://images.app.goo.gl/ftqbosP2Dsf8jyBj8

Edited by cuthound
Missing space

45 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

How much space do you need for a pirate radio studio. I thought they were shoebox sized!

Perhaps so, but there needed to be room for the crew and radio staff to eat and sleep.

33 minutes ago, Athy said:

Perhaps so, but there needed to be room for the crew and radio staff to eat and sleep.

Ok three shoeboxes then. Still plenty of room on deck as well as down below. There wasn't much space in the Martello towers as I understood it.

20 hours ago, cuthound said:

Getting back on topic and being sensible ? ...

I really like that.

46e1df41-f647-48f9-9653-6b967f678f34_medium640.jpg.6ee7d8a72d263929817c5a5b068e89f0.jpg

OBSERVED HERE APPROACHING MIDLAND CHANDLERS TO PICK UP A NEW KEEL HAULER

Throw a tarp over the twin Cummins, claim the "sail discount" for the licence, then moor it at Dunchurch Pools.

You could then go raiding as far as Hilmorton … p'robly.

• Greenie 1