Drive coupling

Featured Posts

It is difficult to take a photograph when 50 miles from the boat and with an arm in plaster. I have though already confirmed it is a per a pic earlier. I guess fair and reasonable are words that  do not fall into your vocabulary. And unlike some on here - I do not spend every waking hour looking into this forum or any other. That would be so sad.

Edited by Traveller

I see absolutely no reason why I should share personal circumstances with a bunch of strangers. I only mentioned it due to the arrogance of that Tony bloke.

I posed a perfectly reasonable question about a coupling and a perfectly reasonable question about forum etiquette. The latter has been responded to admirably - there is none.

• Unimpressed 1

2 hours ago, Traveller said:

No disrespects but I start a thread asking for help and it gets hijacked. I do not mind sharing but if somebody came up with a spare who’s would it be mine or Arthur’s?

Threads drift a bit because the subject can matter to several people in a forum. If it turned out that yours and mine were the same, and someone tracked one down, the sensible thing would be to see who needed it most! Mine seems to be OK, so it would be yours as far as I'm concerned, especially as you started the thread. 

One reason I put the pic of mine on was in case it looked like yours and you found it useful, as you seem unable to post one yourself. I apologise if yoh consider that hijacking... 

5 minutes ago, Traveller said:

Thank heavens for that. I would hate to rely on people like you in any way whatsoever. But thank you for confirming my views of the forum. That is very much appreciated.

Ah

Having read that, I apologise to the forum for trying to help such an unpleasant git. 

• Greenie 3

I never started this. I asked a civil question and a genuine one at that. The ignorant gits are people like TB who is always self righteous and bloody rude to boot. Have seen it many times. He is the one accusing me of not identifying stuff when I had thanks to the images others put up. And BS some self analysis is called for here.

Edited by Traveller

10 minutes ago, Traveller said:

I never started this. I asked a civil question and a genuine one at that. The ignorant gits are people like TB who is always self righteous and bloody rude to boot. Have seen it many times. He is the one accusing me of not identifying stuff when I had thanks to the images others put up. And BS some self analysis is called for here.

Sorry if it came across that way but far too often we get people who expect us to give our time for free to try to help them and then make little or no attempt to help us give them what they want by providing photos or further information. The some seem to think it absolutely fine to try to dictate how the topic progresses without apparently helping themselves. You have been asked for dimensions and a photo which you seemed to ignore. Now, after you have been pulled up over it, you decide to give a perfectly valid reason why neither is possible at present. If you had said that some time ago I would probably have felt a mild annoyance at your apparent arrogance in thinking the forum was  solely for your own use but not made my post you object to. Tell me, what words do you use to describe someone who asks for help, declines to give information needed to facilitate that help and still thinks his forum question is his own private property? Could it be rude, ignorant and arrogant?

I am out of this thread now.

• Greenie 2

Your arrogant (yet again) assumption is that we all sit around eagerly awaiting a responses to our posts. We don't - some have lives and appointments away from the pc. Of course for some I guess this is life itself and it is somewhere they hope to display what they see as their superiority. You do it often and you have done it this time - hence your qualified apology. A straight apology would of  course be far too much for your ego.

2 minutes ago, Traveller said:

Your arrogant (yet again) assumption is that we all sit around eagerly awaiting a responses to our posts. We don't - some have lives and appointments away from the pc. Of course for some I guess this is life itself and it is somewhere they hope to display what they see as their superiority. You do it often and you have done it this time - hence your qualified apology. A straight apology would of  course be far too much for your ego.Sop if yo don;t want an answer

So if you don't want an quick answer to what seemed like a fairly urgent request, and aren't going to bother to check for replies, why bother in the first place?

Expertise isn't the same as arrogance.  It's not "displaying superiority" if you know more than someone else if they are asking for help and you know the answer - or would if enough info was given.  Some of us amateurs have relied in the past on the professionals on here for their advice - I learned a lot from Tony, Bizzard, RLWP etc.  But admittedly they do better when given more info - "a bit of my engine doesn't look good, can you help?" isn't really enough without a bit of additional info.

It would seem sensible to check back, find out what else is being asked for, and supplying it, rather than whinging when other people try to help and then attacking them for "hijacking" the thread and trying to sneak off with the part you need.  Just saying.  Makes you look a bit arrogant, to be honest.

31 minutes ago, Traveller said:

Your arrogant (yet again) assumption is that we all sit around eagerly awaiting a responses to our posts. We don't...

So why make a post if you’re not going to check for replies?

4 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I've been searching for years for a whatsname to fit my thingummygig which is part of my boats hows yer father, enywun know where I can get one. I want answers NOW!!!. :angry:

I’ve got a spare oojamaflip, will that do?

4 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I've been searching for years for a whatsname to fit my thingummygig which is part of my boats hows yer father, enywun know where I can get one. I want answers NOW!!!. :angry:

That's easy, if its a proper engine - Japan. If its something else - in a breakers. (Tiptoeing quietly away...)

17 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

So if you don't want an quick answer to what seemed like a fairly urgent request, and aren't going to bother to check for replies, why bother in the first place?

Expertise isn't the same as arrogance.  It's not "displaying superiority" if you know more than someone else if they are asking for help and you know the answer - or would if enough info was given.  Some of us amateurs have relied in the past on the professionals on here for their advice - I learned a lot from Tony, Bizzard, RLWP etc.  But admittedly they do better when given more info - "a bit of my engine doesn't look good, can you help?" isn't really enough without a bit of additional info.

It would seem sensible to check back, find out what else is being asked for, and supplying it, rather than whinging when other people try to help and then attacking them for "hijacking" the thread and trying to sneak off with the part you need.  Just saying.  Makes you look a bit arrogant, to be honest.

Read my first post. Where did I say it was urgent? And I did check back - if I had not I would not be there now. As I said self importance rules OK. Certainly the fan boy club works well. 

Edited by Traveller

22 minutes ago, Traveller said:

Read my first post. Where did I say it was urgent? And I did check back - if I had not I would not be there now. As I said self importance rules OK. Certainly the fan boy club works well. 

Nothing to do with a fan club. I ask for advice from them wot know more than me, same as you. What I don't do is then have a go at them for trying to help. I might let them know their efforts are appreciated, but obviously that aint your way, fair enough, we're all different. Just don't expect anyone to be arsed to answer your next question, though. 

No of course not - you are all such wonderful people! Not only do you misread posts (conveniently perhaps) but you also place your own deadlines on when people should revisit the forum to keep abreast of developments - of a question that had no time limits or urgency. And all without absolutely any idea of prevailing circumstances. Arrogance, arrogance and more arrogance with a huge helping of self-importance. I'm out and hopefully the admins will close my account before I do.

12 minutes ago, Traveller said:

No of course not - you are all such wonderful people! Not only do you misread posts (conveniently perhaps) but you also place your own deadlines on when people should revisit the forum to keep abreast of developments - of a question that had no time limits or urgency. And all without absolutely any idea of prevailing circumstances. Arrogance, arrogance and more arrogance with a huge helping of self-importance. I'm out and hopefully the admins will close my account before I do.

Worry not Traveller, you are already on my ignore list, bye bye nasty man.

Weird. Now we are told off for having no idea of prevailing circs, when these were never provided. Now me, if my coupling was looking dodgy enough for me to worry about not being able to find a replacement, I might consider time to be important. 

Arrogance, arrogance and a huge chunk of egotism indeed from the OP - this forum is for all of us, mate, not just you. As usual, the insults chucked reflect more on the chucker than the chuckees. At least the idiots don't last long these days, rationality irritates them too much. 

42 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I am beginning to wonder if this actually Traveller as he has been a member for many years and knows how things go on here 

Yes, it’s quite odd isn’t it?

7 hours ago, Traveller said:

Wow, what an arrogant, entitled, self-important, errr..... boater. 

You do not have the power to close your account. Your posts here will persist for ever for everyone to marvel at and learn from. How to get knowledgable people to help you, not!

12 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Wow, what an arrogant, entitled, self-important, errr..... boater. 

You do not have the power to close your account. Your posts here will persist for ever for everyone to marvel at and learn from. How to get knowledgable people to help you, not!

I am sorry but to me there is still something that doesn't ring true about the comments in this thread, just look at the OPs earlier posting.

21 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I am sorry but to me there is still something that doesn't ring true about the comments in this thread, just look at the OPs earlier posting.

I'm intrigued as to why Traveller posted a map location pin 19 hours ago.

Its very odd, for a guy who has thrown his toys far and wide  to do this, why would he?