BSS ballpark price for Midlands liveaboard

reg

Featured Posts

As per title does anyone know the approximate price range for the folowing:

57ft liveaboard single engine 2005 shell

Lpg with no bubble tester

Previously passed no problems. 

Most likely be in Midlands area

Just trying to cost due upcoming test required befor mid April. 

Thanks

Edited by reg

Its most often a fixed price so length of boat and previous passes are not really a factor. Rather than thinking only about price I would ask around and find somebody who does a good job but is not obsessive or trying to generate work. Also check out what any retest fees might be if you fail

...............Dave

Thanks for the relies so far, seems to be a wide range of prices

One other requirement, for my own peace of mind if nothing else, is for a gas safe registered engineer who can carry out a full manometer test. 

I note that Chris Williams meets this requirement but might just be a bit far away. Will certainly put him on the list though. 

13 hours ago, reg said:

Thanks for the relies so far, seems to be a wide range of prices

One other requirement, for my own peace of mind if nothing else, is for a gas safe registered engineer who can carry out a full manometer test. 

I note that Chris Williams meets this requirement but might just be a bit far away. Will certainly put him on the list though. 

He  was quite happy to travel to us at Fazeley.

• Greenie 1

As it is a live aboard boat, it either needs to have a bubble tester fitted, or the BSS inspector to be gas safe registered, with the appropriate boat and LPG qualifications on their ticket, or you need to book a non gas safe BSS inspector, plus a gas safe person to do the manometer check. I know Chris Williams was gas safe registered. He installed the gas system on my boat and did its first BSS check. The Boat Safety Scheme web site should be searchable by location and qualifications, so you should be able to find someone suitable.

A good idea to get a bubble tester fitted for your own peace of mind and for making finding a boat safety inspector easier.

The reasons why liveaboard boats have extra rules are here.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

I paid £120 last time, according to my records.

But that was in November 2015.

I think since then the BSS increased the fee they charge the surveyor. So I would anticipate an increase when renewal is due at the end of the year.