Would you like to attend the next National Users Forum? - 12th September

DHutch

Featured Posts

I'm not sure how anyone can really 'represent' a forum such as this?

...strikes me it needs somebody who not only can 'stay awake' but also has the ability to succinctly capture and feedback the salient and important points, professional background in teaching would cover that I would say.

... CRT need to know who is going by the end of the week .... secondly the person going represents no one really it is not a talking and debating shop it is a presentation to those attending of what CRT are up to so they can report back to their members.

Represents is perhaps not the best word, but I think it works, and yes.

I'll offer my services

Thankyou.

Assuming no one else is interested, I am happy to put your name forward.

I would be interested and happy to go myself, but equally for this one, will be in India again by then!

Daniel

If not you then how about Alan Fincher?

Somehow about 4 of us ended up at the last (and inaugural) one, (much to the consternation of other organisations who only got one place each!).

I don't think any of us had any great enthusiasm for doing another, and I certainly still don't, so am more than happy for Richard to go. rolleyes.gif

(Might be worth taking something to read discretely during some of the more waffly sessions, though!....)

Represents is perhaps not the best word, but I think it works, and yes.

Thankyou.

Assuming no one else is interested, I am happy to put your name forward.

I would be interested and happy to go myself, but equally for this one, will be in India again by then!

Daniel

Shall I confirm Richard's name?

Somehow about 4 of us ended up at the last (and inaugural) one, (much to the consternation of other organisations who only got one place each!).

I don't think any of us had any great enthusiasm for doing another, and I certainly still don't, so am more than happy for Richard to go. rolleyes.gif

(Might be worth taking something to read discretely during some of the more waffly sessions, though!....)

I would be interested how Richard Parry handles his first NUF so might get an insight into how things will move forward after his initial 3 months in office.

It will be good practice for him before he attends our evening on 27 September!!

No contest from me either

Well, with the demise of the boater's meetings organised by Cotswoldman and Jenlyn (and thanks to both for making them happen), my attendance at this forum seems to have taken on more significance

So, what would you like me to say?

The Agenda is:

NATIONAL USERS’ FORUM
THURSDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2013, 1030-1230 AT THE BOND, 180-182 FAZELEY

STREET, BIRMINGHAM, B5 5SE

AGENDA

• Welcome and Introductions
  • Chief Executive’s Update – Richard Parry
  • Winter Works Programme – Jeff Whyatt (Senior Waterway Manager)
  • Volunteering – Caroline Killeavy (Head of Community Engagement)
  • HS2 – George Ballinger (Head of Engineering)
  • Any Other Business
  • Date of Next Meeting.

The meeting is from 10:30 until 12:30 so I cannot see AOB being very long, but you never know

Richard

Edited by RLWP

In the light of the other thread and that email I think we should ALL go, if only to stand outside in an orderly manner with banners.

Whoops - did I leave the time and location in my quote?

Richard

Well, with the demise of the boater's meetings organised by Cotswoldman and Jenlyn (and thanks to both for making them happen), my attendance at this forum seems to have taken on more significance

So, what would you like me to say?

The Agenda is:

The meeting is from 10:30 until 12:30 so I cannot see AOB being very long, but you never know

Richard

Last time AOB was where the next would be

Last time AOB was where the next would be

Yes. I suspect that we don't have a mechanism for getting items onto the agenda, and that the agenda for this meeting was set some time ago

Richard

Sorry if I offended anyone sad.png

Richard - when you report back please can you try not to leave oily fingerprints on your post

Not offended but flattered.

I would be the wrong person for the job though as "observing and reporting back" are not things I am very good at, at this sort of meeting "Interrupting and starting a row" is more my gift.

In the light of the other thread and that email I think we should ALL go, if only to stand outside in an orderly manner with banners.

Now that is something I'd be up for.

The minutes of the last meeting are here, as are the terms of reference for the group:

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/2803.pdf

I feel that this part is relevant to us:

Purpose and Aims.

The NUF is a new Forum set up by the Canal & River Trust. Its purpose is for communication and discussion between the Trust and national user groups.
The Forum aims to
 keep members of the Forum updated on national and strategic issues of interest to users
 enable key groups to feedback to the Trust on issues of importance to users at a national level
The Forum is a national body. Engagement between users and the Trust at a local level will continue to be supported by the User Groups facilitated by the Waterway Managers within their geographic areas of responsibility.

Richard

Having found a number of other CRT meeting on youtube, what's the scope a video of the event being produced?

Daniel

I had a look and the spoof 'The last day in the Canal and River Trust Office' with Robin Evans played by Hitler is worth a watch for tips