Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Piratepete

Marina smoke pollution

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, Tom766 said:

Ah interesting thread, the stuff coming out of my neighbours chimney stinks, dunno what type of wood he's burning, I often close the windows. 

Reason I was reading this thread is because I was wondering why sometimes my burner roars when I first light it and other times it just flickers and takes longer to warm up. I'm thinking it's down to conditions outside, ie windy day roaring fire?? 

The wind certainly affects our Morso squirrel, not so much when lighting it, but I keep the bottom air control closed more on windy days than calm days.

9 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

The wind certainly affects our Morso squirrel, not so much when lighting it, but I keep the bottom air control closed more on windy days than calm days.

Very much so, if your not careful the fire can run away on a windy day, keep an eye on the weather 

Something satisfying about starting a fire in the burner haha, a caveman thing 🔥🤣

My chimney smokes at startup and when I chuck more coal on but it soon burns clear. But most narrowboats I see seem to smoulder all day. I guess they must have badly installed stoves and those short stumpy chimneys don't provide enough draw so they never really burn the fuel properly. Or maybe they smoulder because the flue is never swept and the stove isn't cleaned out often enough? Anyway, the emissions from poorly burned fuels of any description tend to contain more hazardous compounds than fuels that have been properly burned at higher temperatures.

Edited by blackrose