Home Automation

Robbo

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Laurie.Booth said:

The problem is you need a plug to plug the plug into the plug, if you haven't got a plug to plug into the plug, you can't plug the plug into the plug.

:)

You may laugh, but your not far off when getting the devices to talk to each other ? 

• Greenie 1

On 25/08/2018 at 11:35, zenataomm said:

Twelve'teen millimagogs stops the seat from bottoming out.

100_8224.JPG

On 25/08/2018 at 11:40, George and Dragon said:

I’m interested in doing something similar but I don’t know where to start.

You start with a plug.

:)

On 24/08/2018 at 14:55, Robbo said:

I'm getting into home automation and going to implement onto the boat I'm fitting out.   Anyone here have the same thoughts to throw around some ideas and systems used?

Currently I'm devising a system which has...

Philips Hue with zigbee ballasts to drive the LED downlights

Robot-Electronics dscript relay board for controlling the Generator, Inverter, Pumps, etc.

Google Mini Home for Voice control

Raspberry Pi with Node-Red for implementing a bit of flow-programming.

I want to run my new,  almost installed, Webasto for frost protection and in anticipation of a visit. My mooring is online with no loose electrons supplied so it will drain my batteries.  So I want to run my engine as necessary to restore them.  Once the webasto stops taking my time I will start on setting up a Teensy to run the engine.  I'll use a Teensy for that bit because it is fun to do, and because I want a comprehensive solution that does lots of extra checking, eg not in gear, did it start, is it overheating, has the rev counter failed, logging to my website, and lots more.  I have no idea how I'll interface commands over the internet yet.  Ok, the application has elements of sillyness about it but it will be fun to do.