Something wonderful from CaRT

Midnight

Featured Posts

Just now, Tumshie said:

Oh - so they have - that's umm Very Blue.  :blink: 

I think blue is a colour associated with water. I dunno if they thought of that :giggles:

A muddy green/brown would have been more appropriate innit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Detling said:

None

We don't have the old logo(s) on 'Trojan' but I might just paint the Micky Mouse ears on the Trojan helmet which we have instead of an Eye of Osiris. Then again....

3 minutes ago, Midnight said:

"This is why today we are launching our new brand so we can help millions of people live happier and healthier lives"

WTF?

I know marketing bods are usually totally up themselves and living on Planet Zog, but I didn't realise it had got THIS bad. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

WTF?

I know marketing bods are usually totally up themselves and living on Planet Zog, but I didn't realise it had got THIS bad. 

Let me guess: they're going to ban diesel engines.

I just got a mouthful of 'sick'

Making life better by water for everyone, every day.

We measure how we make a difference to people lives with a yearly outcomes report. This looks at how we improve health, wellbeing and happiness, protect the environment, enhance learning and encourage prosperous local communities.

And how do they promote this in pictures ?

A long line of static boats and a cyclist just about to run into a little girl. !!!

Line Of Boats.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I am normally pretty supportive of CRT but I do think they have completely lost the plot here, and lost sight of what they are about principally.

It is clear to me that boaters are slipping further down their agenda, enough have said it previously but this 'new direction' seems to completely confirm it.

Personally I'm glad to be off the water as I couldn't be doing with dealing with a navigation authority that doesn't want to be a navigation authority as it's main objective. Fine, incorporate other aspects into that role but not at the expense of what your main objectives should be.

10 minutes ago, MJG said:

Personally I'm glad to be off the water as I couldn't be doing with dealing with a navigation authority that doesn't want to be a navigation authority as it's main objective. Fine, incorporate other aspects into that role but not at the expense of what your main objectives should be.

You ARE funny sometimes. I manage to go boating for weeks and months on end without 'dealing' with them.

And when I do have occasion to 'deal with them' I find them quick, efficient and courteous. Like when that tree blocked the cut last week. I called to report it as was off the phone again in about three minutes. Quick and efficient, as was the team of chainsaw acrobats who dismantled and removed it.

Much the same story when I deal with them over licensing and my CRT mooring. Everyone I communicate with is quick, efficient and courteous. 

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You ARE funny sometimes. I manage to go boating for weeks and months on end without 'dealing' with them.

And when I do have occasion to 'deal with them' I find them quick, efficient and courteous. Like when that tree blocked the cut last week. I called to report it as was off the phone again in about three minutes. Quick and efficient, as was the team of chainsaw acrobats who dismantled and removed it.

Much the same story when I deal with them over licensing and my CRT mooring. Everyone I communicate with is quick, efficient and courteous. 

Yet others talk about a system in slow decline due to a lack of maintenance and repairs.

The point is Mike, which you seem to have not grasped, is that this is being trumpeted by the trust as a fundamental alteration in their overall strategic direction which to me does not boad well for boaters. Even you referred to it above so perhaps you didn't miss it at all.

Perhaps if we are having this conversation in 20 years time I will be confirmed as being correct.

"If we get this right, we can help millions of people live happier and healthier lives. We can become not the National Health Service, but the Natural Health Service."
Allan Leighton

Bloody stroll on.

Edited by MJG

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Same here. Although I'm very underwhelmed by the new logo it doesn't mean they've lost focus on boating. 

1 minute ago, rgreg said:

Same here. Although I'm very underwhelmed by the new logo it doesn't mean they've lost focus on boating. 

I suggest you have a read of some of the supporting info., it's not just the logo they have changed, they are completely rebranding themselves including more focus on the 'health and well being' of those that use the waterways.

47 minutes ago, MJG said:

I wonder how many boaters who have the old logo incorporated into their cabin paint work with the licence number are now going to bother changing?

Well I've just put brand new ones up with the swan logo and they're staying put.

1 minute ago, MJG said:

I suggest you have a read of some of the supporting info., it's not just the logo they have changed, they are completely rebranding themselves including more focus on the 'health and well being' of those that use the waterways.

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have read the background to the rebranding extensively and the reasoning. It still doesn't change my experience of CRT. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Just having a cuppa now. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, rgreg said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have read the background to the rebranding extensively and the reasoning. It still doesn't change my experience of CRT. 

What are you failing to grasp?

It's not about the here and NOW.

Any way you bat on chaps, good luck with it all.

And I promise not to come back in 20 years and say - 'see I told you so, back in May 2018'.