Slim washing machine

dunfixing

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, it's a very good washing machine, one of they German jobbies.?

It is the only one we could fit on the boat that works like a normal full-size machine.

had to cut the old machine out of the cupboard. Well it was 18 years old.

Edited by dunfixing

12 minutes ago, dunfixing said:

It is the only one we could fit on the boat that works like a normal full-size machine.

had to cut the old machine out of the cupboard. Well it was 18 years old.

You did better than us. When our diddy half-size washing machine arrived, we found that the space which the boatfitter had left wasn't quite big enough for it in one direction. So back to the shop it went (Curry's were not initially happy about refunding our money as we had removed the packaging, but eventually saw common sense).

So now we have a cupboard under the oven, with plumbing fixings for a washing machine - not that there will ever be one, as nature abhors a vacuum and the cupboard now contains a chest of plastic drawers containing tools, lightbulbs, tea towels, painting paraphernalia, plastic shopping bags etc. etc. Thank goodness the washing machine didn't fit, or goodness knows where we would hav efound space for that lot.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

My Dad once bought my Mum a Teasmade because she asked for one as a present.

I bought Mrs WotEver a microwave oven as her main Christmas present once for the same reason - it’s what she’d asked for. It was in the early 80’s and I think we might have been the first in our street to have one!

12 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I bought Mrs WotEver a microwave oven as her main Christmas present once for the same reason - it’s what she’d asked for. It was in the early 80’s and I think we might have been the first in our street to have one!

WotEver

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

Actually, if OP reads the instructions carefully [there are cartoons for the less literate, you will discover that all sexes can use all washing machines. 

Are you the kind of guy that gets the wife a new steam iron for her birthday, by any chance?

I was going to buy the wife a new watch for her birthday when i suddenly remembered there is a clock on the cooker.

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

and have you replaced either since then, perchance :)

Edited by LadyG

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

I think that she made her point, successfully. She was pretty generous to be fair, I think I would have driven him to the nearest motorway motel :), but then I have had time to gather my wrath. 

And keep it warm?

41 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

And keep it warm?

indeed

Tam O Shanter of course:

Souter Johny [his] long suffering wife Kate sat at home,  "Gathering her brows like gathering storm, nursing her wrath to keep it warm".

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

Actually, if OP reads the instructions carefully [there are cartoons for the less literate, you will discover that all sexes can use all washing machines. 

Are you the kind of guy that gets the wife a new steam iron for her birthday, by any chance?

If she want one

6 hours ago, dunfixing said:

Hi, we have just replaced our small washing machine, with a slimline top loader, fits in the same space as the studio machine.

the wife is over the moon, now she can wash 6kilo’s at a time and it has 1200 spin speed.

life is good.

8C4FBD5F-1FEB-4CB7-AE91-AB8A7B084B1C.jpeg

When we had one of those old-style Hotpoint top-loading washing machines, it's chief characteristic was the ability to use lots and lots of water. It filled the tub to the top, in contrast to a front-loader which dunks the clothes into a small puddle of water at the bottom. If this one is the same, that would be a big disadvantage on a boat.

MP.

I have a Hoover Nextra toploader and am generally happy with it.  Doesn't use much water.  6kg load.  And, most importantly, fits in the gap I have for it.  The downside is that I have a worktop above it so I pull it out each time I use it, which has taken its toll on my flooring over the years.

2 hours ago, Dave_P said:

I have a Hoover Nextra toploader and am generally happy with it.  Doesn't use much water.  6kg load.  And, most importantly, fits in the gap I have for it.  The downside is that I have a worktop above it so I pull it out each time I use it, which has taken its toll on my flooring over the years.

Solution, cut section of work top and fit piano hinge or bar top binge and just lift up to do washing.

Neil.

Edited by Neil Smith

19 minutes ago, Neil Smith said:

Solution, cut section of work top and fit piano hinge or bar top binge and just lift up to do washing.

Neil.

I had considered that but i keep many things on that worktop.  Not least of which a microwave oven.

On 23/04/2018 at 23:19, MoominPapa said:

When we had one of those old-style Hotpoint top-loading washing machines, it's chief characteristic was the ability to use lots and lots of water. It filled the tub to the top, in contrast to a front-loader which dunks the clothes into a small puddle of water at the bottom. If this one is the same, that would be a big disadvantage on a boat.

MP.

No it only uses slightly more for a 6 kilo load than the old machine did for 3 kilo’s. It still has a drum, but is loaded via a door in the drum.

On 23/04/2018 at 17:50, Athy said:

You did better than us. When our diddy half-size washing machine arrived, we found that the space which the boatfitter had left wasn't quite big enough for it in one direction. So back to the shop it went (Curry's were not initially happy about refunding our money as we had removed the packaging, but eventually saw common sense).

So now we have a cupboard under the oven, with plumbing fixings for a washing machine - not that there will ever be one, as nature abhors a vacuum and the cupboard now contains a chest of plastic drawers containing tools, lightbulbs, tea towels, painting paraphernalia, plastic shopping bags etc. etc. Thank goodness the washing machine didn't fit, or goodness knows where we would hav efound space for that lot.

Still had to enlarge the door hole to get the old machine out. Machine was 50cm wide, door hole 49cm, jig saw soon sorted it out.