Anyone tried a kildwick compost loo?

Ayesha walker

Featured Posts

The boat next door to me ( you know who you are ) :D has a composting bog. Every couple of days he walks round to the elsan point or moors his boat across next to it here and empties a largish bottle of pee into it. So why the hell not just do the same with a cassette and its gone end of? or is it considered kinky today to get rid of pee in the elsan but hang on to your poo?

Just now, mrsmelly said:

The boat next door to me ( you know who you are ) :D has a composting bog. Every couple of days he walks round to the elsan point or moors his boat across next to it here and empties a largish bottle of pee into it. So why the hell not just do the same with a cassette and its gone end of? or is it considered kinky today to get rid of pee in the elsan but hang on to your poo?

Not only that, but he's buggered up your tv reception too. 

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I don't have a composting bog. However, as the only Shit Disposal Operative on our boat I can say that I would happily take a cassette (or other container) to the elsan a couple of times a day if all it contained was the yellow stuff.

It's the lumpy stuff that makes the job disgusting, especially so when it causes splashback.

I'd happily have a composter to avoid that but, unfortunately, the boss, she say no.

Edited by Lily Rose
Trivial stuff
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

I don't have a composting bog. However, as the only Shit Disposal Operative on our boat I can say that I would happily take a cassette (or other container) to the elsan a couple of times a day if all it contained was the yellow stuff.

It's the lumpy stuff that makes the job disgusting, especially so when it causes splashback.

I'd happily have a composter to avoid that but, unfortunately, the boss, she say no.

A very wise lady in my humble opinion :cheers:

• Horror 1

19 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

Mine was also very difficult to convince before we tried it, but now she wouldn't go back to the old days of pongs and blockages. 

I do struggle to believe that those who are so very opposed to composting have actually tried it for themselves and enjoyed the benefits.

14 minutes ago, Bargebuilder said:

Mine was also very difficult to convince before we tried it, but now she wouldn't go back to the old days of pongs and blockages. 

I do struggle to believe that those who are so very opposed to composting have actually tried it for themselves and enjoyed the benefits.

She might well take a different view if she was also a PDO (Poo Disposal Operative, as I would call her) but unfortunately she is not up to it. Even if she was, I doubt she would be up for it as one of the conditions for boat buying was that there would only be one of these. And it would not be her.

10 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

She might well take a different view if she was also a PDO (Poo Disposal Operative, as I would call her) but unfortunately she is not up to it. Even if she was, I doubt she would be up for it as one of the conditions for boat buying was that there would only be one of these. And it would not be her.

She is indeed a wise lady.

Seriously though, my wife has taken to bringing her friends aboard to see our set-up and challenges them to have a good sniff, confident that the air is pure. Odd I know, but she has already scored a few converts!

14 minutes ago, Bargebuilder said:

She is indeed a wise lady.

Seriously though, my wife has taken to bringing her friends aboard to see our set-up and challenges them to have a good sniff, confident that the air is pure. Odd I know, but she has already scored a few converts!

Now thats just weird. 

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 06:33, Jim Riley said:

Yes but what exactly is your point. We've agreed some people never do anything right. So............. What..............? Conclusion.............?

This thread is set to run and run. Keeps everyone happy, the composters get to promote their wares, they are happy, the usual shit stirrers get to whinge, whine and be negative, they are happy too!

The mods should be on overtime monitoring this thread, time and a turd.

I think you'll find that if the Composters are doing it properly they stir more shit, more often than almost anyone else :) 

• Greenie 2