BBQ

Johny London

Featured Posts

The go anywhere is a small compact grill and with the small chimney starter, a great bit of kit. They even make a gas version of this little compact grill if you prefer a gas version. 

The Smokey Joe is a bit larger and the Jumbo Joe is larger still, but still great little grills to have and after they're cold can be stored away without taking up too much space. 

You can roast and grill on all these models and a digital instant read meat thermometer is another essential item to have......with BBQ, always cook to internal temperatures and never to time, as this is the way to do it to get mindblowing yummy results where everyone will talk about it for a long time! :) 

I would grab the chimney, £15 I think? you just load it up with a little bit of paper at the bottom and leave it, then tip it out, less hassle and you don't have to watch it or check it meaning more beer time!

Some really good groups on facebook if you search, also twitter has some good profiles, loads of tips to man BBQs.

1 hour ago, Neil Smith said:

I am going to get a 57cm kettle one touch for home i think as my old cheapo is knackered at 2 years old.

Neil

I get a nice cheapo each year for about 20/30 quid. We use it many times each summer and then at the end about november we simply bin it. No storage problems over the winter, no hassle job done.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

I get a nice cheapo each year for about 20/30 quid. We use it many times each summer and then at the end about november we simply bin it. No storage problems over the winter, no hassle job done.

Did you used to have a boat called Rivendell?

7 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I'm planning on slow roasting the Christmas turkey this year on the BBQ so ours won't be put away at the end of the summer.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I'm planning on slow roasting the Christmas turkey this year on the BBQ so ours won't be put away at the end of the summer.

Good idea but please do it outside lol. I have just bought a rotisserie attachment from fleabay nice and cheap but will do the job and hope to do some chickens on it this year and in my smoker. Theres nowt better than a barby if peeps know what they are doing. Armadillo cooking is not the way to go, just keep turning all the time so cooked in the middle and not black on the outside, its never necessary to start off in an oven.

On 05/04/2017 at 09:06, Neil Smith said:

I am going to get a 57cm kettle one touch for home i think as my old cheapo is knackered at 2 years old.

Neil

I have one of these grills and it's brilliant! As already mentioned, I cook everything on it if not windy or peeing down with rain. :) 

Edited by metal_snapper
Too many 'if's'

On 05/04/2017 at 18:30, mrsmelly said:

Good idea but please do it outside lol. I have just bought a rotisserie attachment from fleabay nice and cheap but will do the job and hope to do some chickens on it this year and in my smoker. Theres nowt better than a barby if peeps know what they are doing. Armadillo cooking is not the way to go, just keep turning all the time so cooked in the middle and not black on the outside, its never necessary to start off in an oven.

Totally agree! BBQ Xmas turkey is incredible! 

Your grill needs a lid to really do proper BBQ, that way you can roast as well as grill. Add a digital instant read meat thermometer and no worries about Armadillo cooking. ;) 

And no need to start in the oven, right with you there! It's all how you set up your coals. 

Edited by metal_snapper

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:10, mrsmelly said:

So do you have a cheap boat and going to get a new cheap boat next season

3 hours ago, Tonka said:

So do you have a cheap boat and going to get a new cheap boat next season

I would if they were twenty quid. When you find a boat like mine for twenty quid let me know and I will buy it.