Inconsistency In Moderation

Featured Posts

I'm not discussing individuals. But some pms we have received from members (now ex members) were so abusive they broke the law, so why on earth would we not ban someone in that instance. Does it somehow not matter when they are in private? Any fule kno that that the worst of abuse will go on in private.

I don't think anyone would argue with that - but can you be a bit more specific about the total number of members who indulged in this behaviour and were reported to the police? Otherwise it might seem that the actions of a single individual have been used as justification for a trigger happy banning policy.

If you judge a situation purely on what someone tells you or what you've seen in public, you might not be getting the whole story.

You posted this response in reply to a specific question about Nick. Taken in conjunction with later post shown above, It appears that you may be inferring that Nick's private communications fall into the same category. Is that your intention?

There is no doubt that things are a changing. Thunderboat used to be the tap room with this place the lounge. I have previously referred to feral behaviour over there but the truth is it is becoming a more pleasant place by the week and people are voting with their feet.

• Greenie 2

There is no doubt that things are a changing. Thunderboat used to be the tap room with this place the lounge. I have previously referred to feral behaviour over there but the truth is it is becoming a more pleasant place by the week and people are voting with their feet.

yes they are thunderboat has gained 54 CWDF members this week.

And there are now several lady members so it can't be that bad.

Phil

If you judge a situation purely on what someone tells you or what you've seen in public, you might not be getting the whole story.

I'm more than happy to post all my communications with the site staff, but those concerned may not want them shared publicly.

As a workaround I'm happy to share them with anyone of good repute, in case they want to see the original communications for some reason.

If someone's genuinely threatened the mods, why not post it in public? Protecting a perpetrator may not be the best way forward...

Agreed.

Whilst I have certainly had occasion to think Nick a PITA at times, I can see nothing in his recent posts that justified a temporary ban.

He hasn't been disruptive of the forum, he may have been disruptive of fragile egos, and it is a very bad move when criticism is being silenced because people don't like to hear it.

Why must you keep talking so much sense Dave?

I'm finding it very annoying.

I always talk sense.

It just takes some people a while to see it.

I'm sure you really believe that, shows that anyone can be self-deluded.

However I have to second Tomsk's post - you have hit on a thick strata of common se wisdom in your recent posts.

It doesn't annoy me but it has surprised me; for which I must tender an apology.