Are we all sheep?

matty40s

Featured Posts

Well it would appear that despite Daniel saying there is a need for lighter moderation at least one of the mods disagrees as they have just removed one of MtB's posts and edited one of mine in a completely innocuous exchange (without the courtesy of an explanation).

Well it would appear that despite Daniel saying there is a need for lighter moderation at least one of the mods disagrees as they have just removed one of MtB's posts and edited one of mine in a completely innocuous exchange (without the courtesy of an explanation).

yep i saw that convo :(

Yup that's classic. Just a mod edit telltale with no reason given for the edit. How is anyone supposed to know what they (allegedly) did wrong? this happens all the time, mod edits for things that are in no way a breach of the (rather extensive) forum rules, no explanation.

Yup that's classic. Just a mod edit telltale with no reason given for the edit. How is anyone supposed to know what they (allegedly) did wrong? this happens all the time, mod edits for things that are in no way a breach of the (rather extensive) forum rules, no explanation.

See my new thread. I enquired about the state of moderation on the rugby forum. BoB deleted my enquiry.

No breach of forum rules or guidelines.

I'm sure Dan's a bit busy dealing with the flak at the moment but....

It might help somewhat for him to categorically state he won't sell the forum or advertising for any personal profit.

Why? What's the point? No one has suggested such a thing. But of course as soon as he says he won't, someone will say that proves he was thinking of it.

I refer you to Warren Beatty, who said he never denied lies told about him as that just encouraged people to think they might be true.

I think it has to remain in doubt whether these links actually work, since several people have said they don't exist.

And obviously that's a fact (because someone with an axe to grind said it) , and anything that appears to contradict it (such as evidence) isn't. Weird world some live in. You really think one of the mods spent time deleting links from an email just to be unfair to someone?

And obviously that's a fact (because someone with an axe to grind said it) , and anything that appears to contradict it (such as evidence) isn't. Weird world some live in. You really think one of the mods spent time deleting links from an email just to be unfair to someone?

no but you (IIRC) have to tick a box to send that email, i have known to be wrong :P

... wife's name, career summary, property abroad and a photo. Although I've met him before so I know what he looks like!

I don't think so. I haven't got any property abroad. So you've got the wrong person.

But in any case, I publish my home location on the avatar and I make no secret of my surname. This is not the case with (most of) the moderators.

Several people with an axe to grind said it, independently. No I don't think any mods have spent time deleting links from emails, but I do consider it quite possible that there is a flaw in the system since it is such a repeating story. Dan is only confident it works because it does so on the test account, and perhaps the test account is not fully representative. Perhaps you have never encountered any IT systems that don't quite do what they are supposed to do, but I have and that's why I've suggested he tries it out on a "real" account.

Dan's test (account) example illustrates how it works and the message generated and sent by email, however it requires 1) that the moderator ticks the box to send the email (there is the option to not tick the box); and 2) that the text they enter is meaningful (I believe a meaningless example was posted). Also it relies on the email address associated with an account still being in use and regularly checked, not going into spam, etc.

Dan's test (account) example illustrates how it works and the message generated and sent by email, however it requires 1) that the moderator ticks the box to send the email (there is the option to not tick the box); and 2) that the text they enter is meaningful (I believe a meaningless example was posted). Also it relies on the email address associated with an account still being in use and regularly checked, not going into spam, etc.

thanks for that paul i thought i was right but couldnt be sure.

So it seems fairly plausible that LC omitted to tick the box (whether intentionally or out of ignorance) when she carried out the mass culling, and this is why there are so many disgruntled ex-members on TB who feel they've been treated unfairly.

When you say "a meaningless example was posted", if you are referring to the one I posted:

"xxxxx,

You have been given a warning by ##########

Reason: Other

<div class='callout'>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Following a review by the moderation team of the content you have posted, this account is now suspended."

Then I'd agree it is meaningless, but it is a real live example of what was sent out to folk permanently banned.

Edited by nicknorman