Vacuum Clothing Storage Bags from Argos

Featured Posts

We have two big fluffy dressing gowns with hoods which are our winter "indulgence" - put 'em in one of these bags and they're pretty big - the Dyson Animal, together with the OH's cobbled together "hose" (kitchen towel roll + gaffer tape "a La Appollo 13"!) reduced them to a small (and pretty solid!) parcel... Unpacked this week from under the bed in the boat and no damp smell at all.. highly recommended. Will be getting some more of them next week smile.png

I use the Wilkinson ones for bedding and towels. I don't have a suitable hoover so I just roll them up to squeeze the air out. Keeps everything dry, free from ash and dust (I store them under the sofa which is next to the stove), and I can fit more in to a small storage space. Handy.

Having tried various makes of vacuum bags which all seemed to fail after a couple of uses, we asked on here and Nicknorman recommended the Lakeland ones. OK they were more expensive but they are fantastic.The poly bag sits in a sort of canvas thing and after you have taken the air out you put a couple of straps over the bag and then zip the canvas shut. Even if the seal fails, the bag can't "grow". We use them for taking things up and down to the boat so they are well used. The canvas bag has a carrying handle.

A normal vacuum is fine for emptying them.

Thanks, Nick for the tip!

haggis

Bought 4 packs from Poundland (surprisingly £1 per pack of two).

One leaked and wouldn't stay 'flat' all the others are perfect.

Can be 'sucked out' (until they go rigid) with our little 800w 'boat hoover' - nothing special needed.

We use Poundland ones too. Why pay more? Theoretically all Lakeland products have a lifetime warranty. Has any one taken faulty vacuum storage bags back to them?