Eco Fan at Aldi

beardshave

Featured Posts

Next time I think I've got some good news I'll keep it to myself. To return to my original posting -if you want one Aldi have got them at £24.99. If you don't -then buy something else. Goodnight.

Don't be disheartened by negative responses - this is a very controversial topic year after year. Those that on the ecofan side will welcome your advice, it'd a shame if you didn't share future bargains because of naysayers.

I know it's hard not to take it personally but it's just entrenched views, if they differ from yours best ignore them, there are a lot of folks who benefit from your heads up that may not post but will be rushing to Aldi to buy one.

• Greenie 1

Next time I think I've got some good news I'll keep it to myself. To return to my original posting -if you want one Aldi have got them at £24.99. If you don't -then buy something else. Goodnight.

Well as this is a discussion forum you will find things get discussed including the effectiveness (or otherwise) of things like eco fans or Eco fan copies.

I am of the opinion they only serve a decorative function and ours did as others have suggested act as an indicator of what the stove is doing so probably at the price you say Aldi have them for probably worth a punt. As for the more expensive 'proper' ones personally I wouldn't bother. (Ours came with the boat so cost nowt)

Other opinions of course are available.

Edited by MJG

Don't be disheartened by negative responses - this is a very controversial topic year after year. Those that on the ecofan side will welcome your advice, it'd a shame if you didn't share future bargains because of naysayers.

I know it's hard not to take it personally but it's just entrenched views, if they differ from yours best ignore them, there are a lot of folks who benefit from your heads up that may not post but will be rushing to Aldi to buy one.

I think branding folk as 'naysayers' is a tad harsh. They are simply of the opinion that they don't work which is a perfectly reasonable view to hold.

The only attempt I recall by anybody on here to ascertain if they do work is in make a difference regarding temperature was done by Carl and I am pretty sure he concluded they didn't make any difference. This fits with my experiences in terms of how cold our rear cabin was even with the door to it open and the stove on with the Ecofan whirring away furiously.

So these are not 'negative' opinions they are simply different, to refer to us of the opinion that they do not work as 'naysayers' is the equivalent of refering to those that do believe they work as 'duped' or 'deluded' . The simple fact is both sides belive they are correct, as for why that is I can't honestly say.

I think branding folk as 'naysayers' is a tad harsh. They are simply of the opinion that they don't work which is a perfectly reasonable view to hold.

The only attempt I recall by anybody on here to ascertain if they do work is in make a difference regarding temperature was done by Carl and I am pretty sure he concluded they didn't make any difference. This fits with my experiences in terms of how cold our rear cabin was even with the door to it open and the stove on with the Ecofan whirring away furiously.

So these are not 'negative' opinions they are simply different, to refer to us of the opinion that they do not work as 'naysayers' is the equivalent of refering to those that do believe they work as 'duped' or 'deluded' . The simple fact is both sides belive they are correct, as for why that is I can't honestly say.

Yep I chose my words poorly - I should have said those with a different opinion. I certainly never meant duped or deluded - I do think that's a bit of a leap, but that's the peril of the written word, so easily misinterpreted.

We lived aboard through some harsh winters, the first two with an ecofan which came with the boat. Unfortunately we kept forgetting to take it off the stove when we cruised and after a number of tumbles it gave up. Winter number three was milder than the first two but we noticed the difference, for example the kitchen floor was colder, so by winter number four we'd invested in a new one.

As you say everyone thinks they're right and that's what this forum thrives on :)

• Greenie 1

• 1 year later...