Progress

rivergate

Featured Posts

CRt try to close down Tuttle hill moorings , as down to four boats , we now have the whaf at the bridge end . its the cheapest crt mooring in the area

This appears to be happening at Great Bedwyn too. The church meadow moorings is about half a mile long and is down to about five boats now. CRT don't seem to re-list them when they come vacant.

This appears to be happening at Great Bedwyn too. The church meadow moorings is about half a mile long and is down to about five boats now. CRT don't seem to re-list them when they come vacant.

I think that is something to do with tbe agreement CRT have with the marina NAA to reduce nearby on-line mooring...or something like that anyway.

Thank you everyone who has posted suggestions :) - Im working my way through them all :)

Has anyone any experience of the Samuel Barlow pub moorings..? I havnt been there but it looks like there is a wooden boat yard on site....

Cheers

Got it - thank you google :)

Nice looking boat - does she have a conventional back cabin layout..? Progress doesn't but has a couple of beds either side of the walk way with a shower in front before the engine ole..

get your self a copy of the boatbuilders sketch book from the Historic Narrow boat club. It's a cracking read with lots of very useful photos.

as i understand it every BCN tug was different.

Judith Anne has a very narrow hull, so any cross berth would be too narrow to sleep on,not that many boats were slept on!

Regards

Dan

http://hnbc.org.uk/shop/boat-builders-sketchbook

Last time I passed there (last September) it looked almost deserted. Are CART trying to run it down?

I hope not, that is the mooring that my EoG mooring cost is based on. If they base it on a more expensive one my mooring costs will go up.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny afternoon on Progress today smile.png

Just a little tip.

That rudder post looks like it has a long way to fall should it ever come out of the skeg. I would slip a tube on it to limit its vertical movement. Makes getting it back in the skeg so much easier.

George ex nb Alton retired

• 4 weeks later...

Progress on her new mooring yesterday - smile.png

( The pic is the right way up in my pc but turning when posted here - does anyone know what Im doing wrong..? Cheers :) )

post-5573-0-57132700-1469946482_thumb.jpg

Edited by rivergate