Progress

rivergate

Featured Posts

Can't answer that one! Never happened to me.

I think George means put a tube over the rudder shaft between the inverted collar and the underside of the 'Z' bar or rams head as some would have it. That would stop the 'Z' bar dropping to the inverted collar if ever the bottom of the rudder jumped out of the skeg cup. But if the inverted collar is held tight on the shaft by some means, that may not happen.

Those wooden decks look glorious - may I ask what type of wood it is, and what advice you've been given or come across for their routine maintenance?

Do you have sun covers to protect them when she's moored up etc

Much obliged - and congrats! Beautiful old girl smile.png

Edited by dpaws

That was the normal way of working a pair of loaded horseboats, I think, and the normal way of towing horseboats through tunnels- a Y shaped line off the tunnel hooks.

I was thinking the other day as to why they were called 'Tunnel Hooks', makes sense now :)

Anser pins, no idea :P

Hi Gazza

That one is Hank - hes about 5 now.. ....a decent dog :) ... 8 seems to be a good age nowadays - we have had a 14, and regular 12's over the years... :)

He looks full of beans :)

Old boys got a wee bit of aching joints so is on a low dose of previcox but other than that he's good as gold. Best dog we have had.

My current fave picture of him

post-5269-0-14272600-1470337236_thumb.jpg

Just to keep it a little on topic the boat looks good too....

:cheers:

He looks happy there smile.png ...they are great dogs if you can get a good one and with registrations falling year on year, thankfully not so popular as they were which is good for the breed..

This is Alfie one of my others on Progress today... smile.png

( Thanks about Progress - shes lovely smile.png )

Edit - side ways again but its upright on my pc!!!

post-5573-0-66694500-1470338840_thumb.jpg

Edited by rivergate