So far so good.

Dave Payne

Featured Posts

That's great to read Dave. I often tell people the more time they spend out on the cut and the less time on this forum then their views on the Waterways and boat life in general will start to change.

Any plans for which way you might head this summer?

Was Vidar for sale at Gayton marina? If so I also looked at her - she is a lovely boat. I am glad things are working so well for you, it is always to hear positive stories.

It was, as soon as i stepped onto him i knew it was right, although you wouldn't recognize it now, all the rear bathroom, bedroom and old kitchen have gone, the saloon seating area is no more.

Lots more to do though.

It was, as soon as i stepped onto him i knew it was right, although you wouldn't recognize it now, all the rear bathroom, bedroom and old kitchen have gone, the saloon seating area is no more.

Lots more to do though.

I decided Vidar was too big for my requirements but was still seriously tempted. I am glad that you are getting so much pleasure out there smile.png Have you repainted?

Edited to add - there is always lots more to do lol

Edited by Trillian

That's great to read Dave. I often tell people the more time they spend out on the cut and the less time on this forum then their views on the Waterways and boat life in general will start to change.

Any plans for which way you might head this summer?

I decided Vidar was too big for my requirements but was still seriously tempted. I am glad that you are getting so much pleasure out there smile.png Have you repainted?

Edited to add - there is always lots more to do lol

I started to repaint last summer, but had problems getting the finish right, so this summer i plan to rub down what i did and try again.

The yellow and red of the fleet is not the best colour, plus i get sick of people asking if i am enjoying my holiday!

Edited by wrigglefingers

Well done Dave, glad it's working out for you.

Whereabouts will the shop be? I assume it will be selling roasted coffee beans?

Looks like we might be seeing you going past on a regular basis then, we'll wave if wecsee you.

Exciting times!

Will of course give you a wave as i pass, which might be a few times over the summer, should really moor up and grab a tea!

Get in!

We will be mooring around there (on our new boat!) and as i am a coffee nut (with own grinder!) and the OH is a HC nut.... we'll be seeing you in the spring........

cheers.gif

(those are cappuccinos BTW....)

Edited by wrigglefingers

Snip:

...I read the forums most days, i dont say much, but i do pick up information, i try to ignore the haters and the squabbling as for me its all about enjoying life and standing on the back of the boat with a beer/ mug of tea and enjoying what is around me.

So anyone who reads this who is thinking of buying a boat, do it, you only have one life and its not that long really....

Photo of the first daff in the marina last night.

Bring on summer!

I liked your post, but can't help but wonder why you put your tea in a beer mug!

With the weather picking up, the sun shining and the lovely daffodils coming through i have been taking stock of the last six months...

Moved onto Vidar late August 2015, was a lot quicker than i had planned due to marriage break up, i recall sitting there the first night, feeling of walls closing in on me, a little lonely, not really sure what i was going to do, how it was going to work out.

6 months later i have made good work on bringing the boat more in line with my living requirements, new kitchen almost finished, everything i need to live properly, washing machine, full size cooker, fridge freezer, warmth!!

I have learnt so much, but.. i have so much more to learn and i cant wait, i have made mistakes, got stuck, hit other boats, lost things into the wet stuff and i am sure this will continue, biggest lesson learnt is check for stoppages, going down the Atherstone flight two weeks ago to get told lock 11 is closed was not a good moment, having to reverse back up to lock 7 was interesting to say the least!

I read the forums most days, i dont say much, but i do pick up information, i try to ignore the haters and the squabbling as for me its all about enjoying life and standing on the back of the boat with a beer/ mug of tea and enjoying what is around me.

So anyone who reads this who is thinking of buying a boat, do it, you only have one life and its not that long really....

Photo of the first daff in the marina last night.

Bring on summer!

WP_20160310_18_05_08_Pro.jpg

Reported for not slagging C&TR off.

:)

Edited by wrigglefingers
  • Greenie 1

In my case 15 months to go (not that I am counting!). Work suggested I might like to go freelance when I retire - since I live on the Isle of Man and the boat is in the UK I said it was unlikely.biggrin.png