sunken dinghy at Wolverton, be carefull

waterworks

Featured Posts

There is a half submerged wooden dinghy in the middle of the grand union at Wolverton, by the old Wolverton railway works, the exact location is here ..

Dropped pin

near Grand Union Canal

https://goo.gl/maps/bc4ufwQGdVy

I have told CRT, but be carefull, until they get round to clearing it out. ( two CRT workboats passed in the last few days, but ignored it ) you can thank the pair of boats travelling together who moored there a couple of weeks ago for dumping it. One long nb, and one short, with a noisy generator running every night on the short one.

Why dump it in the middle? don't understand that at all.

Phil

I doubt the people who dumped would care. But they may have not put it in the middle in the first place. Since the canal is dish shaped on the bottom and if the dinghy has an amount of buoyancy it has got there on its own with a little help from passing boats.

One long nb, and one short, with a noisy generator running every night on the short one.

Ah yes, I know the pair. Short boat the equivalent of a trailer for all the "tat" that won't fit on the long one.

I'll ring CRT when I walk the dog later (I assume like 101, they count the number of calls, more calls = more action)

Its moved about a hundred metres south to under bridge 70 now.

CRT had replied to my email saying it had been dealt with, not so apparently, cause I saw it an hour ago. I think they must feed all enquiries through an automatic lie generator ?

I came through yesterday and didn't see it. I'll be going back through tomorrow so I'll keep an eye open.

C&RT say they can't remove it until they have "investigated" if a lump of rotten plywood has a licence ! , they've told me it was no longer a hazard, implying they had removed it, but they don't know where or what it is, so that's BS ! They can't have seen it.

I give up, they are mental.

If any one passes by stick a flag on it. (With a date on)

Had another email from CaRT saying they have "moved it to the side of the canal" however its still in the same place, and not secured to anything. So another BS point.

This is fun. I'm expecting a patrol notice to be put on it next, for overstaying.

I will send CaRT an invoice for my work. Big job that was, involving a bit of blue string ! Must be at least a grand ?

Tell them you subcontracted the job to a company at the other end of the country that paid someone minimum wage to do it and charge them £15k

Edited by Delta9

I will send CaRT an invoice for my work. Big job that was, involving a bit of blue string ! Must be at least a grand ?

So it was a none event then?

I must admit I did wonder why no one had done that.

Too easy, no opportunity to try and make yourself look realy clever and CRT look bad...

Please throw yourself into the canal and do us all a favour.

Not deep enough to drown in though, if that is what you wish for, sorry 'n' all that.

Edited by MJG

I have recently discovered that the Swedish chocolate company Marabou has finally gone down the plughole having been bought out by the Evil Mondelez. I noticed already 20 years ago Marabou had changed their recipe in their chocolate, more sugar less cocoa, and instead of being wrapped in foil they changed it to plastic. Putting the words 'Marabou Mondelez quality lowered' into Goggle brought up this funny thread and I am pleased to see that I am not the only one who loathes and despises conglomerates such as Kraft & Nestle. Warning - some 'bad language' so have a peek at your own risk.

A couple of typical entries:

"Kraft are pretty much just continuing the legacy of putting as much cheap filler in as they can get away with."

"Lindt has gone down hill lately as well. It's starting to taste more sugary and less of cocoa just like all the other major brands."

"Cadbury were an iconic brand of my childhood. Now, it's shit."

"We all know what kind of plastic Kraft thinks is "cheese"

"I have boycotted all Dairy Milk bars for two years now, since they did away with the immensely satisfying hard square "chunks" and replaced them with shit Hershey Bar rounded corners (so that they make an extra profit of .01p per 100 bars sold presumably)."

"Who, Kraft? Ha! They'll just buy the competition then shut them down. Us eating shit is good for their shares and bonuses."

"Don't love hearts all taste the same? nope, some of them taste slightly different to the other but the most noticeable are the purple and the white ones. I proved it recently with a blind taste test. Lots of people think they taste the same though. After you've eaten half a pack they all taste pretty similar."

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/comments/40ltgc/cadbury_loses_more_than_6m_in_creme_egg_sales/?limit=500

Emerald fox

Thanks for the link, that's a hour on it already, and will be going back on the link.

People on that thread say it how it is don't they?

Good stuff

Yes, refreshing. It's the sort of thing that needs to be printed out and read whilst you're at an airport, and then leave it on a train for the entertainment others.

Apparently untouched so far, Finland's Fazer chocolate is, for me, the best so far. Still made in Finland, and I cannot detect a taste change since I first tried it in 1981. Japanese chocolate is eatable, comes second, though. I don't know much about chocolate but have been brought up with British varieties and it's saddening to witness their demise. So, although I moan a lot about Finland and Finns (I pay taxes here - it's my Right! wink.png ), I don't mind promoting Fazer's chocolate.

http://www.fazer.fi/tuotteet-ja-asiakaspalvelu/suklaa/

post-20094-0-09372700-1455121503_thumb.jpg