Water in bilge

Featured Posts

That won't prove anything. It'll probably taste like Watney's Red Barrel.

I doubt it tastes that bad....

Is it still available? Don't think I've seen it for sale since about 1980.

(Red Barrel that is, not canal water.)

Neither have I, fortunately. I think I only ever had one pint of it. Seemed to last ages. Same with Worthington 'E', Double Diamond, Whitbread Tankard, among others!

But there was always Pedigree, 6X and Bass. Maybe there IS a god!

Neither have I, fortunately. I think I only ever had one pint of it. Seemed to last ages. Same with Worthington 'E', Double Diamond, Whitbread Tankard, among others!

Along with Bishop's Finger and Courage Director's. I can remember seeking these out as a teenager!

(Red Barrel that is, not canal water.)

Watneys Red Barrel was a bitter which sold highly in the United Kingdom during the 1960s and 1970s.[8][9] It was introduced in 1931 as an export keg beer that could travel for long distances by being made stable through filtering and pasteurising – as such it was the firstkeg beer.[8] It was renamed to just "Red" in 1971.

A 3.9% abv pale lager with the name Watneys Red Barrel was sold by the Sleeman Brewery until 1997[10] and a 6.0% beer with the same name is still brewed by Alken-Maes.[11]

I used to love a Light and Diamond down at the local tavern on a Sunday lunchtime (well, and also on some evenings!).

Watney's Red Barrel in large tins (Party 4's & Party 7's) used to be the only bitter available at parties in the 70's.

Thank God for progress.

Not quite true, I arranged a firkin of Sam Smiths bitter for a party in 1976.

Still got the brass tap in the garage somewhere.

Just bailed out about 4 gallons from my cabin bilge (about 4 washing-up bowls worth). It's the first time in a few months the floor hatch has been up. Could this quantity get in through slightly leaky portholes? We have had a lot of rain Also, am I going to rust out from the inside (the boat not me! I gave up Scrumpy) the bilge has never been totally dry in the two years we have owned it and we have paving slabs for balast. Bit worried...

Pat