CART Threatening Letter.

OptedOut

Featured Posts

As the OP claims to only have (had) a 6-month licence I find it strange that no one has pointed out this clause in the T&Cs

Renewing your Licence
If you hold a 12 month licence, normally we will write to you shortly before the expiry date with a renewal application form. We can process your renewal more quickly if you use this, and not a new application form. We do not issue renewal reminders for licences of less than 12 months as these are mostly purchased by people who keep their boat on the Waterways for only part of the year. You are responsible for ensuring that the Boat is licensed while it is on the Waterway.

Maybe the licence department were a bit bored on that particular day.

(NB - I don't think it was threatening)

just popping in...has this thread sunk into personal slinging insults yet? No? Good. Well done. Carry on.

Actually this thread is quite remarkable. I reckon two posters agree or partly agree with the Op, all the others agree he's looking for sympathy where absolutely none is due.

• Greenie 1

What is?

The unjustified characterisation of an ordinary routine bit of correspondence as some kind of vicious threat and unfounded allegations of "Vitriol". Clearly the OP has an issue going back to BW days and whatever the rights and wrongs has in this case at least tried to persecute CaRT. It's called a grudge.

It's called a grudge.

On the subject of grudges, I wonder how much stuff on this forum is driven by grudges from the past!

On this subject, the OP did say that CRT had already apologised for handling the 6 month licence situation badly despite them being made aware of the OP's intentions. It sounds to me like the OP is justified in having a rant because CRT yet again haven't taken that information on board. But is it, 'harassment'? I don't think so.

There are some on here who will follow a particular poster around just to rubbish them on every turn. It's similar, people have crossed swords before and do so time and again whilst trying to garner support among the wider membership, sometimes vehemently claiming that support whilst clearly in a minority. This letter has been stated to be threatening and laced with vitriol. It is neither. The only issue is that it originates from an organisation deemed norty and is exaggerated out of all proportion to try and use it as another blow against an adversary.

There are some on here who will follow a particular poster around just to rubbish them on every turn.

There are some in here who consistently spout rubbish then wonder why their view is consistently being rubbished.

We might have different views Sir Nibble but certainly no crossed swords my end.

There are some in here who consistently spout rubbish then wonder why their view is consistently being rubbished.

We might have different views Sir Nibble but certainly no crossed swords my end.

And there are some who make well reasoned posts which are up for grabs as to whether one agrees or disagrees but are subject to ad hominem attack on a regular basis without reference to the discussion points raised.