Missing boat - Holly - NOW FOUND!

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

Hi Graham.

I have been TOLD that a boat has diappeared together with a man named David King. I have been given no direct evidence of this, just read 30 pages of hearsay and conjecture and been shown a photograph that many people think has been altered.

I have to say that unless we accept these basic facts about the boat having vanished as true, we may as well pack up and go home!

As to the alteration of the photo, might I suggest that you read the thread FULLY.

The original photo is fine. At some point somebody converted it from jpg to bmp, and in the conversion a darker area got mangled. It's just an artefact of the format conversion.

You are arguing from the particular to the general it was said in an earlier post that hire boat companies ran on small profits etc.

I replied that there were some large hire boat companies. You replied thet Middlewich were not one of them. I had never said they were, just that large hire boat companies exist.

1. Given that we are talking about a small company, the point wasn't even remotely relevant

2. Do you suggest that it's OK to steal from big companies?

Bring on the stocks pillory and horsewhips.

I don't suggest anything of the sort.

However, neither will I go along with suggestions that because the guy has problems, the hire company and its clients can suffer the pain.

I trust that the courts will send a clear message that having a few problems is not an excuse for acting in a way that is detrimental to other people.

I agree Phil, there is no point in speculating until Mr King is found and he has his lawful right to give his account of the circumstances. Until then everything is just hearsay and conjecture and is simply clouding the issues.

Without conjecture, nobody will have the faintest idea where to look.

Suggestions about where this boat could be are fine, I am talking about comments made about Mr Kings mental state, reasons behind his taking of the boat, his intentions etc. Only he can answer those questions and it should be left for the authroties to deal with Mr King through lawful investigative and judicial processes.

To clarify, any suggestions as to where the boat could be are certainly more than welcome

Jon

Trish /Jon

have you tried asking the boys at Stenson works (MCC Stenson boatbuilders +44 (0) 1283 701933 - http://www.mccboats.co.uk/) to walk down and take a look (Bubble inn is next to it if memory serves) re the Willington lead

+ there is a massive marina at Shardlow - all minutes away....

Simon

Edited by Skwarkman

Hi Jon

I did point out earlier that just to the NORTH of Banbury there is a secluded arm that is inaccessable exceot by water or road (if you know the way) It is private moorings, leased as a whole from BW and rented out by the leasee. Dont know if anyone picked up on it but IF the missing boat is in that area it is worth checking. There is also a mooring warden in Banbury itself and a guy to the north who does diesel and pumpouts, maybe called sovereign narrowboats, used to be a hire operator I believe, also there is the yard that used to be Tooleys yard right in the middle of Banbury. Hope this is of some help.

BTW Tried PM'ing Trish woth the info earleier to get it passed on quicker and could not, dont know if there is anything wrong.

Suggestions about where this boat could be are fine, I am talking about comments made about Mr Kings mental state, reasons behind his taking of the boat, his intentions etc. Only he can answer those questions and it should be left for the authroties to deal with Mr King through lawful investigative and judicial processes.

And I would repeat that speculation about his motivation, and intentions may prove very valuable in pinpointing his next moves.

To clarify, any suggestions as to where the boat could be are certainly more than welcome

Jon

This has been said previously but, do we know for a fact that Paul King is still on the boat?

not much speculating on his state of mind until there is no doubt he is at the tiller

Edited by Djuwenda

This has been said previously but, do we know for a fact that Paul King is still on the boat?

not much speculating on his state of mind until there is no doubt he is at the tiller

Paul King has never been on the boat!

David King would appear to have been on the boat when seen by malc, and in the picture that Tim posted this morning.

I can't remember which canal runs through derby and I can't find my map! Can anyone remind me?

Jon

Derby is on the River Derwent (not navigable - at least to narrow boats). The nearest canal;s are the T & M and the Erewash.

But I think the suggestion was that Holly may be at Whittington (on the Coventry canal) which ties in with the previous possible sighting by someone going from Hillmorton to Foxton and seeing what they now think was Holly approaching them.

Graham

That was Willington, on the T&M (br.23)

Oops, thanks Moley. Must remember to read posts more carefully before responding.

Still agrees with my theory that he could be heading back north after being "sighted" going towards Hillmorton on the North Oxford. (Or even from Foxton up the Leicester Arm and the R, Soar.

Graham

IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

HOLLY HAS BEEN FOUND ACTUALLY BEING REPAINTED

JON WILL FILL YOU IN WITH MORE NEWS

TRISH

Damn it. And I was so looking forward to going out looking this weekend instead of gettinmg on with the 1001 jobs that "her indoors" has got lined up for me.

Seriously though, that is wonderful news. Trust that she is not too badly damaged.

Best wishes

Graham