BCN Challenge 2016

RLWP

Featured Posts

Black Country flag arrived in the post this morning.

That's 5 points in the bag!

Mine arrived today, along with some useful packaging to start off the rubbish collection

ETA the smiley face didn't come out!

Edited by NickAndAnne

• 4 weeks later...

Probably because there is a very easy alternative route. There is quite a bit of work on the BCN this summer

Richard

That's it. Always another way on the BCN. Ashtead/Garrison may be busy that weekend. I hope it can cope.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I'll be heading that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have sat in the background so far and after reading this decided why not, Carpe Vinum shall enter again in the little scuffed up tub.

I have no idea of crew my kids vowed never to do it again and my wife decided to bugger off in October (didn't think the BCN challenge was that bad she would want to leavebiggrin.png )but either way I will be around in some form or other.

Time to send the form off I suppose and see who's interested.

Email from John Carrington this a'noon:

Hi All

Just thought you'd like to know .......

In the Waterways World Annual they feature "20 Best Boating Experiences" and the 24 Hour Challenge is number 5!!!

Anyone any idea what the top 4 were?

Edited by Victor Vectis

1. Accidentally spilling your cassette on the way to the elsan.

2. Doing a loop-the-loop on the Tixall Wide.

3. Wearing an eye patch and pretending to be a pirate.

4. Winning a game of stare-out with a fisherman.

Edited by Dave_P
  • Greenie 2

1. Accidentally spilling your cassette on the way to the elsan.

2. Doing a loop-the-loop on the Tixall Wide.

3. Wearing an eye patch and pretending to be a pirate.

4. Winning a game of stare-out with a fisherman.

Those weren't really 1 to 4 were they. I would also like to know what they really were. I guess it is not to everyone's taste, but the BCN Challenge is probably my number 1.

Those weren't really 1 to 4 were they. I would also like to know what they really were. I guess it is not to everyone's taste, but the BCN Challenge is probably my number 1.

It was a poor attempt at humour.

I'm off to sit on the naughty step now, with the potty mouths and the bigots.

It was a poor attempt at humour.

I'm off to sit on the naughty step now, with the potty mouths and the bigots.

Don't worry, I thought it was quite funny.

No 2 is good. Next time we're going for the full figure of 8, not just a doughnut, and bu99er the stares of disapproval from the moored up shiny boaters!

Yes, the Challenge is good fun. I was interested to see what might be thought better boating experiences but not interested enough to part with £6.99 for a copy of the yearbook.

I always read and enjoy the threads concerning the Challenge, I have to confess I still haven't managed to work out exactly what it's all about. It was only last year that I realised that Yoghurt Pots were allowed to participate (even spoken to as well) and didn't have to disguise their interest and pretend they just "happened" to be in the area.

Is there anywhere were there is a simple explanation ? sort of "BCN Challenge for Dummies" ???

I always read and enjoy the threads concerning the Challenge, I have to confess I still haven't managed to work out exactly what it's all about. It was only last year that I realised that Yoghurt Pots were allowed to participate (even spoken to as well) and didn't have to disguise their interest and pretend they just "happened" to be in the area.

Is there anywhere were there is a simple explanation ? sort of "BCN Challenge for Dummies" ???

https://bcnsociety.com/bcns-marathon-challenge/

In its simplest form I guess it's 'To see as much of the BCN's as poss. in a 24 hour cruise'

Edited by MJG