BCN Challenge 2016

RLWP

Featured Posts

Not taking part then?

No. Tis a shame because we enjoyed entering our boat but with us both working in Stoke the logistics just don't work without a lot of money spent on train travel and a lot of hassle.

We're actually looking forward to spectating this year :)

No. Tis a shame because we enjoyed entering our boat but with us both working in Stoke the logistics just don't work without a lot of money spent on train travel and a lot of hassle.

We're actually looking forward to spectating this year smile.png

Perhaps you could coordinate the twitter feed?

Also, as i have never been on the BCN, i will be spending the week before cruising and plotting...

Is that cheating?

Let's see. The purpose of the BCN Challenge is to encourage people to use the canals of the BCN, especially the little used parts. The Challenge and the explorer cruises are ways of hooking folk to get them to cruise those bits

It sounds to me that cruising beforehand and after is exactly the idea!

Richard

Perhaps you could coordinate the twitter feed?

That's a damn good idea! Expand it to a social media hub and it would be a brilliant thing. I'm sure John and Ray would be interested if you wanted to link to something from the BCNS

You could call boats to get spot checks, or retweet information

Richard

Yes, Have you sent your entry form in?

Sent it in last week.

What is the problem with the pools? Is that they are shallow, or something else?

I've heard that the entrances to the pools are shallow but once your in things are OK.

The BCNS offer a plaque for those that have cruised the pools but recommend that you go in company, just in case one of you gets stuck.

Isn't there usually a group of boats that venture onto the pools from the Titford Rally?

That's a damn good idea! Expand it to a social media hub and it would be a brilliant thing. I'm sure John and Ray would be interested if you wanted to link to something from the BCNS

You could call boats to get spot checks, or retweet information

Richard

Making a Buzzfeed article is a fairly simple process, I believe. All good for publicity.

I may actually get round to editing my Challenge 2014 video at some point...

Making a Buzzfeed article is a fairly simple process, I believe. All good for publicity.

I may actually get round to editing my Challenge 2014 video at some point...

A couple of years back we toyed with the idea of using one of the online maps with smartphone tracking to show where competitors are

Richard

Sent it in last week.

Coincidentally so did I. I emailed John yesterday and asked when I would get the details and he sent me them by return. Now doubt John and Roy will be getting together and sending out the details to all the people who have sent in forms shortly if they have not sent any ot yet.

As you can probably guess I am impatient and shiny repainted boat or not, we are going to give it go again, but not so sure how seriously. I doubt I can improve on last years placing.

Sent it in last week.

I've heard that the entrances to the pools are shallow but once your in things are OK.

The BCNS offer a plaque for those that have cruised the pools but recommend that you go in company, just in case one of you gets stuck.

Isn't there usually a group of boats that venture onto the pools from the Titford Rally?

So maybe a Top Gear style hovercraft attachment?

Entry form posted today!

Sent it in last week.

We went up to and into the Titford pools last year on Kelpie but missed the notice about the plaque :-(

Didn't see another moving boat but enjoyed the trip. Last time we did it was about 20 yrars ago!

Haggis

A couple of years back we toyed with the idea of using one of the online maps with smartphone tracking to show where competitors are

Richard

I remember. It seemed to be a bit beyond us though.

I fear Mr Paines knowledge of the BCN may provide the upper hand!

Mr Paine's lack of interest in scoring points may hamper his attempt. Last year my main goal was to get tipsy at the Manor Arms. This year it's Ma Pardoes and getting to the end before the barrel runs dry. (If I can be organised I may brew a barrel of my own to bolster supplies).

Edited by Dave_P

The guy who I spoke to who runs network-wide gps maps of the system told me it could be done, but that we had not given him enough time to contemplate it, so that didn't happen.

If people would rather someone else ran the Twitter feed this year, I am happy to hand over the BCN Challenge account I set up and have updated for the last couple of years.

The guy who I spoke to who runs network-wide gps maps of the system told me it could be done, but that we had not given him enough time to contemplate it, so that didn't happen.

If people would rather someone else ran the Twitter feed this year, I am happy to hand over the BCN Challenge account I set up and have updated for the last couple of years.

We are not trying to kick you out Starry. I'm wondering if we can form a commentating team from you, Ange and Dave and maybe a couple more. You three have done the challenge so you know what's going on (yeah - right).

And Dave gets up in the mornings, which you and Ange don't

Richard