lets hear it for CRT

Nige123

Featured Posts

Well I had to see it with my own eyes....

My Dad told me of such things in WW2 when we had our backs to the wall & a brave few did the impossible against all odds (& the odds were grater then we can imagine today)

The brave lads from CRT all dressed in splendid CRT sweat shirts are fixing the lock gates just down from our mooring you see & I have had the pleasure to witness first hand the effort they are putting in on our behalf I have never seen in all my many years on the building anyone that could out Tea brake these boys.... & one brave lad is texting so hard he will no doubt be going home with blisters the brave young lad....

I for one will be looking forward to paying my next river licence fee (& many of my neighbours) & lets not forget the city boys that have new jobs in the top ranks of CRT I bet they are like minded & doing what is needed to take a charities money....

Well done boys very well done (Tears now rolling down my cheeks)

I don't suppose you noticed what kind of phone he had? Because I find an intensive session of texting or browsing on the phone really hammers the battery life, and struggle to get through a full day without charging it up in the evening at some point.

I hope their vans have a mobile phone charger in them.

I don't suppose you noticed what kind of phone he had? Because I find an intensive session of texting or browsing on the phone really hammers the battery life, and struggle to get through a full day without charging it up in the evening at some point.

I hope their vans have a mobile phone charger in them.his

The van this hard working lad is in has a full canteen with tables & comfy seating.... The phone looked to be a nice one unlike mine as you see I am self employed & can only dream of owning a new phone so I don't tend to study phones that much as it upsets me too much.... now don't get me wrong these lads need the right gear to do the job...

I hope their vans have a mobile phone charger in them.

He will be fine if it i a Sony Experia model. Ours last well over a day with heavy use.

My next door neighbour has not cut his grass for 2 weeks and his door steps not been washed for a while.

honestly get a life.

CRT worker? sorry you like to be mysterious I can see that.... ;O)

The van this hard working lad is in has a full canteen with tables & comfy seating.... The phone looked to be a nice one unlike mine as you see I am self employed & can only dream of owning a new phone so I don't tend to study phones that much as it upsets me too much.... now don't get me wrong these lads need the right gear to do the job...

He could well be doing things for work on his phone.

I tend to answer my work emails from the phone rather then the PC at work.

CRT worker? sorry you like to be mysterious I can see that.... ;O)

Yes my name is Mr Perry, how do you not know the young lad was not sending an email to a supplier for parts to carry out the job.

Their is too much slate the CRT on this forum, and then people wonder why the crt is not always boater freindly.

Edited by GreyLady

And a Daily Wail reader too perhaps?

Haven't you got anything better to do with your time?

ETA: And would you have been complaing so much if the lock gates weren't being memded?

Edited by Victor Vectis

Yes my name is Mr Perry, how do you not know the young lad was not sending an email to a supplier for parts to carry out the job.

Their is too much slate the CRT on this forum, and then people wonder why the crt is not always boater freindly.

well I went past the van to get to my van & he was sitting on a chair with his feet on the table & after a trip into town to get a weeks shopping he was in the same position & this was the same as when my wife passed by to get to her car.... & as for Boat Friendly WHO T F do you think pays for his phone?????? I hear people bleating on about unlicensed boats what about waste of the money collected? that is a true crime........ Anyone else here working for CRT?

The phone looked to be a nice one unlike mine as you see I am self employed & can only dream of owning a new phone ...

I'm self employed too and as a result can buy myself pretty much any new phone I choose, whenever I want.

I think you're wrong to attribute your apparent poverty to being self employed.

Well I had to see it with my own eyes....

My Dad told me of such things in WW2 when we had our backs to the wall & a brave few did the impossible against all odds (& the odds were grater then we can imagine today)

The brave lads from CRT all dressed in splendid CRT sweat shirts are fixing the lock gates just down from our mooring you see & I have had the pleasure to witness first hand the effort they are putting in on our behalf I have never seen in all my many years on the building anyone that could out Tea brake these boys.... & one brave lad is texting so hard he will no doubt be going home with blisters the brave young lad....

I for one will be looking forward to paying my next river licence fee (& many of my neighbours) & lets not forget the city boys that have new jobs in the top ranks of CRT I bet they are like minded & doing what is needed to take a charities money....

Well done boys very well done (Tears now rolling down my cheeks)

Nothing better to do than watch other people work, eh?

Pot, kettle, black.

smile.png

well I went past the van to get to my van & he was sitting on a chair with his feet on the table & after a trip into town to get a weeks shopping he was in the same position & this was the same as when my wife passed by to get to her car.... & as for Boat Friendly WHO T F do you think pays for his phone?????? I hear people bleating on about unlicensed boats what about waste of the money collected? that is a true crime........ Anyone else here working for CRT?

Well I dont pay for his phone because we dont have a boat licence.

You could always report them to Crt and tell them the lad was overstaying on his phone.

Well I dont pay for his phone because we dont have a boat licence.

You could always report them to Crt and tell them the lad was overstaying on his phone.

LOL now that's an idea......

Nothing better to do than watch other people work, eh?

Pot, kettle, black.

smile.png

Well I won the lottery a few years back & have no need to work you see.... The other posts can be explained to you by a grown up that can define Humour for you... bless.....

I'm self employed too and as a result can buy myself pretty much any new phone I choose, whenever I want.

I think you're wrong to attribute your apparent poverty to being self employed.

cool....So can you pay for my next licence? (I've been told your prices are a bit steep)

Why such negativity towards the OP? That's not typical of this forum. I think it's in our interests to know if these CRT workers are idling on the job - if they got on with it, they could probably get another job done with the time which they would save. Let's not forget that this is work for which we are paying our licence fees.

• Greenie 2

When you say "fixing", what exactly are they doing? Hanging new ones, fixing a leak, stopping them falling over... often when you have ten people hanging round a job, it's just because one can't start work until another one's finished... expertise is all... and, of course, the bloke texting in the van might be the driver...

Edited by Arthur Marshall

I think it is more in the interests of CRT if the chap is idling on the job or not.

None of us know where this took place or have any description of the chap in question (nor should we need it) but posts like this just encourage the masses to tar "them" all with the same brush.

If the OP was genuinely concerned about this being a waste of his (and our) money then he could have made a call to CRT to let them know what he had witnessed.

We have all encountered people who don't pull their weight at work. It is better (and more constructive) his team leader gets to know what has been witnessed so he can keep an eye on the situation than for all of us to witness the OP having a moan

cool....So can you pay for my next licence? (I've been told your prices are a bit steep)

Make your mind up. It's YOU who should be buying US all our licences now you're claiming to not need to work having won The Lottery!

Don't quite understand why you can't afford a new phone in which case...