How to identify...P155 TAKERS ?

magnetman

Featured Posts

Yes sorry the thread title was a jovial attempt to appear less rude. Must be the weather.

I just notice that the term "piss taker" is in common useage and thought it was time that the actual characteristics of this group of irresponsible waterway users were examined.

Is it -all- about money or can one be a pisstaker while also paying more money to CRT than the "average boater" does.

I pay less than most people for mooring, licence and insurance.

This is because my boat is shorter than most peoples.

I am clearly taking the piss by not having a large boat! biggrin.png

Same here and I pay even less for the licence because it is rivers only.

Fair points :)

Obviously a shorter boat pays less license and in most cases less mooring fee than a longer boat so there will be 'decent upstanding boaters' with short boats possibly paying less than piss takers with long boats so maybe the whole idea of a definition is a bit pointless.

I had picked up on the possibility that a normal boater who has a mooring but is also regularly seen at other places (favourite pub etc) would in fact fit into the definition of a piss taker. Maybe all boaters should just be classed as piss takers to simplify it all a bit?

Seems quite a rude description but it is becoming a regular term to describe other boaters the circumstances of whom the user of the term may have absolutely know knowledge or understanding whatsoever.

Isn't a p155 taker simply someone that is doing something on the margins of morality/legality that you'd like to do but haven't quite got the cojones to do yourself ?

Isn't a p155 taker simply someone that is doing something on the margins of morality/legality that you'd like to do but haven't quite got the cojones to do yourself ?

Pretty much exactly. Or just something you don't like.

Or perhaps don't have the necessary moral bankruptcy, rather than cojones ?

• Greenie 1

The only way I can define it is someone who is using and abusing the system for their own selfish gain (monetary or otherwise) regardless of damage, inconvenience or cost to the system or other users.

This applies to most things not just the inland waterways.

I hope you will notice the definition for me does not identify a "type" of boater or licence holder as the person who may fall into the scope of the definition could come from all kinds of boater and users of the system.

Edited by churchward
  • Greenie 1

I pay more than her, but less than him. I have a middle length boat

Richard

Are fat boat owners p!ss takers for taking up twice as much canal space as thin boat owners for the same licence fee?

But are "thin boat" owners equally p155 takers when they are coming at you on the left hand side of the canal, but are supposed to be on the right?

But are "thin boat" owners equally p155 takers when they are coming at you on the left hand side of the canal, but are supposed to be on the right?

Definitely!!!

But that would NEVER happen, obviously...

Steel boat owners are definately P155 takers when they do that approaching a plastic boat ohmy.png

Same here and I pay even less for the licence because it is rivers only.

I pay more than her, but less than him. I have a middle length boat

Richard

I pay less than any of these because I have a small boat and I don't pay for a licence ............'cos my boat is ashore sad.png

Or perhaps don't have the necessary moral bankruptcy, rather than cojones ?

As a rule the kind of people who throw around the piss takers label get to morality last after any other kind of argument has been exhausted. Immoral, for the purposes of clarity, is anything they either lack the stones to do or just don't like. Either way, it's meaningless drivel.

Edited by Sabcat
  • Greenie 2

As a rule the kind of people who throw around the piss takers label get to morality last after any other kind of argument has been exhausted. Immoral, for the purposes of clarity, is anything they either lack the stones to do or just don't like. Either way, it's meaningless drivel.

Can I have some of whatever you're on this afternoon?