Site Staff Vacancy - Two Moderators Required

DHutch

Featured Posts

Canal world is looking to recruit two additional moderators to work alongside the current team.

The ideal candidate will have past experience of moderating similar sites, or have had significant exposure to more than one forum community and its methods of operation.

Moderators will join the current site staff in front line work

Tasks will include;
- Maintaining the forums content and atmosphere
- Merging duplicated topics and posts
- Moving topics and editing topic Titles
- Approving member adverts and link database.
- Removing inappropriate content and providing warnings to members
- Removing spam and removing/reporting spammers.
- Delegating repeat and troublesome offenders to myself.

If you are interested or able to take on the role please contact myself using the link below, including a short explanation of the reasons you are interested in joining the team, and any experience, knowledge or skills you can offer.

Further more if you have a suggestions for a member you feel may be suitable and or interested in joining the team, please speak with them about it, or pass on the suggestion to myself so I can contact that member in question, anonymously or otherwise.

Send me a PM

Any questions please ask in this topic or via PM.

Thank you,

Daniel Hutchinson.

Site owner.

Take no notice he is just being his normal idiot self

i think you are the ideal candidate, I mean stuck ashore, proper Internet, interest in canals and their people, knowledge of the authorities. Talk your way out of that

Take no notice he is just being his normal idiot self

i think you are the ideal candidate, I mean stuck ashore, proper Internet, interest in canals and their people, knowledge of the authorities. Talk your way out of that

I go with larkshalls' reasoning. You'll get boored ashore and you have valuable knowedge and straight thinking. Go for it.

Hehe not for me I hate authority but thanks anyway. I will fight boredom by continuing to come on here and disagreeing with everyone except those that agree with me ;)

Hehe not for me I hate authority but thanks anyway. I will fight boredom by continuing to come on here and disagreeing with everyone except those that agree with me ;)

Oh and you have a knack of stopping some wandering off topic. Over the years I've seen you spring to novices aid 'when they have. Been assaulted on here. Well if not you who would you nominate?

Edited by larkshall

Oh and you have a knack of stopping some wandering off topic. Over the years I've seen you spring to novices aid 'when they have. Been assaulted on here. Well if not you who would you nominate?

Seems to work fine at moment I think you can over do moderation.

My 2 nominations would be Dave Clinton & Alf Roberts. Oh, hang on...

You've forgotten Chris Pink? icecream.gif

I reckon EmmaB would have been the perfect candidate!

(It's apparently her birthday today, as well.)

I reckon EmmaB would have been the perfect candidate!

(It's apparently her birthday today, as well.)

Daaaaarling Emma dear...smiley_offtopic.gif ....happy birfday to yoo..happy birfday to yoo ..happy birfday to yoo..happy birfday to yoo................fades into the distance

i might not contributr much to the forum but i read i spend alot of time reading the threads,

i think - Alan_Fincher and Mike The Boilerman would add alot to the crew.

Very kind of you to say so. But I'd be a terrible moderator. I'd be endlessly deleting the squabbly off-topic posts that derail threads!

I'd like to nominate the barnacle (clearly a very sensible boater) and RLWP, obviously :D

MtB

Very kind of you to say so. But I'd be a terrible moderator. I'd be endlessly deleting the squabbly off-topic posts that derail threads!

I'd like to nominate the barnacle (clearly a very sensible boater) and RLWP, obviously :D

MtB

Exactly off topics need deleting, one of the reasons. You are in the frame

I'd like to nominate the barnacle (clearly a very sensible boater) and RLWP, obviously biggrin.png

I turned the job down years ago - I don't want the responsibility thanks.

Richard

I'd be endlessly deleting the squabbly off-topic posts that derail threads!

i am a mod on another non boat site thats enougth for me - i think you would perfect Mike. - "I'd be endlessly deleting the squabbly off-topic posts that derail threads" - thats what it needs. see your doing a great job already.

What RLWP says is right - nominations are all well but its someone that wants the job needs to step forward.

I am already an unofficial mod.

I'm constantly deleting posts of my own, before even posting them biggrin.png

I do alot of that myself, type them then delete them thinking better, - Hey if you were a mod you could now delete this off topic post- biggrin.png