A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

looking better..and its

Patty

Thanks Patty ;)

Can you thin down the lower wooden frame? It makes the screen sit too high

Richard

I can, the battens are 43x26 so can be either turned on the 43 or cut down, but, then it will have the hinges screw into the lower grp frame. As you mite just see i did try it yesterday, the screen frame direct onto the grp lower frame., just see the screw holes in the grp.

tn_20160618_205514_zpsobqyriek.jpg

tn_20160618_205505_zpskuqkocyt.jpg

If i lower it to say 20mm, then atleast the top two hinge screws will be in the wooden frame and not al in the grp.

• Greenie 1

You could have a wide, flat plank and put the lower half of the hinge on top of that

Richard

So add timber so the the hinge is sat at 90 Deg ?

i did try to edit that last post but i lost tinternet

also if you look into the left frame corner, there was the same as the top left corner with cap nuts, these were removed when the frame was sat on the grp frame they prevented the screen from folding down. I did plan to dowl them back up.

How high/thick would you say to have the lower timber frame to screw into?

So add timber so the the hinge is sat at 90 Deg ?

i did try to edit that last post but i lost tinternet

also if you look into the left frame corner, there was the same as the top left corner with cap nuts, these were removed when the frame was sat on the grp frame they prevented the screen from folding down. I did plan to dowl them back up.

How high/thick would you say to have the lower timber frame to screw into?

Slightly longer than the screws? So maybe 20mm

Richard

Yes. I wonder if there is mileage in making it wider to fit something to/into it. A big hole for a cupholder for instance

Richard

ok i like the idea, leave it with me and i will see what i can work out tomorrow. like the idea of getting more from it:).

• Greenie 1

First of all I am on the wrong end of a bottle of wine so ignore as appropriate.

I think it would look a lot better if it was a flyscreen. At the moment it does look like an afterthought. Does it need to be so tall to provide the necessary headroom?

First of all I am on the wrong end of a bottle of wine so ignore as appropriate.

I think it would look a lot better if it was a flyscreen. At the moment it does look like an afterthought. Does it need to be so tall to provide the necessary headroom?

I think he's on the way to a redesign - watch this space!

It did look like a cold-frame propped on top of a Ferrari

Richard

• Greenie 1

you on that end me on this but a different tipple :)

The screen as it is give a headroom when standing on the deck around, i guess as not measurd 6 foot headroom. to screen top. I guess as when sat at the helm it can be lower,i am only a short **** at 5`6"

ok Richard has done it

I think he's on the way to a redesign - watch this space!

It did look like a cold-frame propped on top of a Ferrari

Richard

scrap the lot and do it in GRP

i am only a short **** at 5`6"

You mean you sensibly stopped growing at an economic height - like me

Don't scrap the lot, you are on the way to something good

Richard

I personally wouldn't go down the hardtop route.

I would get a nice set of canvas covers made up for it instead.

Was thinking of you today Rach, How did you come by the name for your boat, did it come form the term Nautical...naughty-cal ? yes i digress slighlty lol

Not keen on full canvas canopies myself, also it the only place to get a solar panel to go, of a good size that is,

What a pain in the dam so ans so this UK weather is, already to paint it and well, it started to rain. Could of been worse i guess and rain an hour after i finished or

started to paint.

Was thinking of you today Rach, How did you come by the name for your boat, did it come form the term Nautical...naughty-cal ? yes i digress slighlty lol

Not keen on full canvas canopies myself, also it the only place to get a solar panel to go, of a good size that is,

What a pain in the dam so ans so this UK weather is, already to paint it and well, it started to rain. Could of been worse i guess and rain an hour after i finished or

started to paint.

We inherited the name with the boat.

Yes it is a play on words with Nautical.

We inherited the name with the boat.

Yes it is a play on words with Nautical.

One thing i cant decide is the name, got time though to decide.

And the in between project has arrived, a bit of it anyway, twin axle with 5 wheels and have a 5 ton payload oh and the HD hitch. All plated to get by the stupid new trailer regs.

The axles are nice and low which is what i wanted to help launch. Also darn heavey, i ahve fitted many axle to cars abd vans and these being only beam i am shocked. Must be solid axle.

tn_20160625_121834_zpsary5wz1k.jpg

tn_20160625_121855_zpseeva9me4.jpg

tn_20160625_130601_zps9idlrpv6.jpg

tn_20160625_130607_zpssipcudlz.jpg

I will do it bit by bit over the next......until he boat is done, it wiont take long but i need to put more time into the boat.

• Greenie 1

That looks like a pretty serious trailer.

Want to be sue ;) lol, this bit i will enjoy even more,i love building things, trailers cars etc.

a good name - Wee One. - the axles look well heavy duty - are you going to have both Braked or just one?

Names upto now are, Wet Dreams, Rhapsody or Bohemian, As being a Queen fan and love everything wet, like fishing/keeping, boats. Now i like Wee One rolleyes.gif

Little update while am here on the trailer, i have remove dthe plats to find...no much but for i think UW is 550kg and under that i can see 1100kg but very little at the start to start if this is the load cap. I cant se eit from the size of the axles and leafs.

Yes Steve i will be braking both axles, can be to sure;)

My fav at the minute is Bohemian, it says a lot about me lol

a socially unconventional person, especially one who is involved in the arts.
synonyms: nonconformist, unconventional person, beatnik, hippy, avant-gardist, free spirit,dropout, artistic person;
informalfreak
"he is a real artist and a real bohemian"

My fav at the minute is Bohemian, it says a lot about me lol

a socially unconventional person, especially one who is involved in the arts.

synonyms: nonconformist, unconventional person, beatnik, hippy, avant-gardist, free spirit,dropout, artistic person;

informalfreak

"he is a real artist and a real bohemian"

Option 3 :)

rhapsody

image: http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cf.ydcdn.net/1.0.1.56/images/ahd5.jpg

noun

pl. rhap·so·dies

1 - Exalted or excessively enthusiastic expression of feeling in speech or writing.

2 - A literary work written in an impassioned or exalted style.

3 - A state of elated bliss; ecstasy.

4 - Music A usually instrumental composition of irregular form that often incorporates improvisation.

5 - An ancient Greek epic poem or a portion of one suitable for uninterrupted recitation.

Read more at http://www.yourdictionary.com/rhapsody#IUycfzdPx6iKomYQ.99

Add it to bohemian and you can see what Freddie and Co were getting at :cheers:

Edited by gazza