A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

A spatchcock chicken and spuds will go in a treat.

Check how many shelves you have, our GG22OO only came with one, I measured the shelf, got a second a few years ago so we could do a bit more.

Had to buy a third so the little un can have some grub too.

Got the latest from John cross motorhomes.

Will put a link up in a minute

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/

They have several shelves on there

• Greenie 1

We have the smaller Plastimo unit with the hob and grill. Good piece of kit.

Can't wait to see your galley layout as we reckon ours isn't big enough to fit the cooker you have!

I cant wait either Rach, i have the plans out in a file some where from hours sat there and sketching when i designed it, Thing is lost the the file......which is in my head lol. I need to learn to write things down and file them properly.

Check how many shelves you have, our GG22OO only came with one, I measured the shelf, got a second a few years ago so we could do a bit more.

Morning Gazza, it only come with one shelf....from memory, if need be i will get another just incase. We love wraps and enchilados so they will be done a lot, just a nice size for 8 wraps :).

Liam talked me out of getting the bigger cooker unit by saying that most of the things we can cook with what we have anyway and we wouldn't have room in the fridge to store joints of meat etc. in the fridge prior to cooking them.

Well that argument falls short now as we cook joints in the slow cooker rolleyes.gif

Mind you I still have my big pan drawer which we would have had to sacrifice to fit the oven.

It is one of them situations. You may not think you will need it but you if you don't have it you will need it. Reason I got this cooker. You never know.

Liam talked me out of getting the bigger cooker unit by saying that most of the things we can cook with what we have anyway and we wouldn't have room in the fridge to store joints of meat etc. in the fridge prior to cooking them.

Well that argument falls short now as we cook joints in the slow cooker rolleyes.gif

Mind you I still have my big pan drawer which we would have had to sacrifice to fit the oven.

Our friends have squeezed the same cooker as Woolys into their carrera, was a bit of a pig to do.

Couldn't be with out ours, little un loves pizza, which is why it's worth having at least two shelves :)

With the slow cooker I'm yet to have a crack at anything other than shoulder of pork in a cider sauce, must try a whole chicken in it one of these days.

You can find the odd baking tray that fits snug in the rails if you are lucky.

It is one of them situations. You may not think you will need it but you if you don't have it you will need it. Reason I got this cooker. You never know.

Hot pasties!!!

And my dad's favourite, fray bentos pies.

Our friends have squeezed the same cooker as Woolys into their carrera, was a bit of a pig to do.

Couldn't be with out ours, little un loves pizza, which is why it's worth having at least two shelves smile.png

With the slow cooker I'm yet to have a crack at anything other than shoulder of pork in a cider sauce, must try a whole chicken in it one of these days.

You can find the odd baking tray that fits snug in the rails if you are lucky.

Hot pasties!!!

And my dad's favourite, fray bentos pies.

We still have pizzas we just make them and then grill them.

Nice three cheese and jalapeno bread lightly toasted then topped with tomato puree, oregano, vintage cheddar and chorizo before sticking it back under the grill for five minutes, or until the Done Alarm (aka the smoke/CO alarm) sounds.

attachicon.gifFairline-Carrera-24-boats-for-sale-g.jpg

Nearly!

It's got a lovely Volvo kad32 in it that's around the 170bhp mark

Bomb proof engine.

We have friends who have shoe horned the KAD32 into a Fairline Holiday. It goes like S**T off a shovel.blink.png

We have found that we can work around it and have conjured up some cracking and easy meals with just two rings, the grill and the slow cooker.

We still have pizzas we just make them and then grill them.

Nice three cheese and jalapeno bread lightly toasted then topped with tomato puree, oregano, vintage cheddar and chorizo before sticking it back under the grill for five minutes, or until the Done Alarm (aka the smoke/CO alarm) sounds.

Bomb proof engine.

We have friends who have shoe horned the KAD32 into a Fairline Holiday. It goes like S**T off a shovel.blink.png

We have found that we can work around it and have conjured up some cracking and easy meals with just two rings, the grill and the slow cooker.

we are stuck in our ways Rach, wraps and enchiladas and fish. we need to get a bit more adventurous maybe. Jacket spuds we like, but then it will be an expensive spud on all the gas they need to cook lol.

nice cooker - will be usefull for cooking us all a sausage sandwich on its launch day wink.png

dingo dong you can say that again, will have to be a late launch then so we can wash it down with a scrumpy :)

That's an impressive stick that Zig has there! ☺

not a chance, that stuff is to good even for Zig, funny you should sat that though as i had an off cut of about a foot long and she seemed to like the taste of it. Oh eck, she may now have the taste for Sapele, i will keep away from the rubbing strakes i think.

What an abomination, that is all i can say, after waisted days work faffing it is going to scrap.

tn_20160617_164001_zpslwivnty0.jpg

tn_20160617_163951_zpsw384hqd0.jpg

tn_20160617_163942_zpseiyuqvgo.jpg

New plan, and dare i say what i wanted to do from the start, and that is to make a GRP one, more annoyed as it was a nice day and i could of finished the port side :(

hey ho projects tend to go this way as we know.

Will get some sheets tomorrow from wickies and get to work.

Can you not alter the angle of the windscreen so that it isn't quite so upright. Might help the look of it.

i can as it is hinged backwards, but then the sie screens will move back to far, i messed up by getting wrong measurements when i made the lower GRP frame.

I did try that and do with out the side screens but it just didnt look right, i have spent the last 3 hrs trying to work it out.

I'm sure you could modify the side screens to suit.

i can shorten them yes, but then need new glass.

New idea is to do without side screens and extend the canvas or .....................at the minute my head is mashed, to much going on.

but as alwyas it will be reat in the end :)

I have a saying..aint as good as it could be but better than it was...it sort of covers most of my efforts..but in this case you're right and u needs to ave another go from scratch..tomorrow as they say is another day, next time you'll do better cos u have this times to learn by...

As John says sit n ave a think.

Im sure you'll sort it.

Did just that John, had a few last night and then all i cold do was think on the darn boat, watching a film and things just pop in my head and the daftest times lol.

It will get there in the end Ann, is that your name, or Patty ? This thing is what takes up most the time in projects, deciding what to go for, takes aslong as the manual work.

So

I woke up after a good nights kip and thought yes, lets go do some prep work, get he hull sides primed and do some chine work...........

Maybe not, i spent the rest of the day faffing with the screen. used up and waisted more Sapele that i care to mention.

In the end i got rid of the ally side windows and made my own frame work, spent an hour or so trying ti decide what angle to set the screen at, i should be fit as a butchers dog the amount of times i went up and down the ladders.

Early for a pint but by time 3pm came i had to have a pint.....or two and came up with this design. Same screen but as said my own side windows.

Thoughts please.

tn_20160618_180651_zpswtkhiwuf.jpg

tn_20160618_180701_zpsijyxwk2x.jpg

tn_20160618_134327_zpstjve3wwg.jpg

I need to shave the lower battens a little as i would want the side screen horizontal to the gunnel. I would say they are about 5 deg out, i noticed this as i forgot when i made the frame that the rear cabin slope up to the back a little. Another thng when it is angled back a little the angle will decrease a little more.

tn_20160618_180708_zpsrlgajxig.jpg

tn_20160618_180714_zpsk7xsqkd0.jpg

tn_20160618_180719_zpszdis6xk7.jpg

The joinery is not the best as not the best at it,

tn_20160618_180729_zps4lr62cmb.jpg

tn_20160618_180723_zps9dnpmyw1.jpg

The front folds back first the the sides, nice and neat as well, no catching as before with out cutting bit out here and there.

Now i do like this better and will look a whole lot different when the top is on.

I will give a little longer to think on and if it doesnt suit then it is a ful new GRP canopy, just i would like a little timber up top to blend the Sapele strakes in as T likes the look of adding the originals back on the hull sides. So thta will be three Sapele strakes, fender rack on the cabin top and top screen.

Not to much and not enough maybe?

that's getting better Wolly' it must have been the big difference in angle between the front of the cabin and the screen that made it look so odd. As you say when you trim the wood to allow for the rake of the cabin top, it should come spot on in line ! Good result mate !

That is Much better and once the canopy goes on will fit in i think, looks like a good job - LOL on the up and down the ladder - been there many times.

And as magic i just made the canopy :)

tn_canopy_zps0sfaf5r0.jpg

The sides look a lot better. I think the flat front panel is the visual issue. Don't suppose it would be easy to split the windscreen to put a vee angle in?

I agree, it would look a better i think, i have glass here but all small lengths, and i made the lower frame flat, i guess i can alter that though. Will look in with the front cabin windows. Leave that with me ;) more to sleep and drink cider on lol, any excuse hey.

that's getting better Wolly' it must have been the big difference in angle between the front of the cabin and the screen that made it look so odd. As you say when you trim the wood to allow for the rake of the cabin top, it should come spot on in line ! Good result mate !

and have to choose what colour to paint it yet rolleyes.gif , all comes to in the end hey ;)